Shows you find entertaining that a lot of others don't

1985 Suncoast Sound- Florida Suite

Gotta disagree with you there. Not only is Suncoast my all-time favorite corps, A Florida Suite (the '85 version) is my favorite show bar none!

Also, anytime Suncoast is mentioned, that's usually the show that pops up.

gotta go with

Phantom 1985 - Symphonie Fantastique (I loved that show and wish they would revisit the music)

Cadets 2004 - Jethro Tull (I enjoyed this show alot but everyone calls it a dud)

BK 1994 - Star Trek Show (Little Green Men was awesome)

Bluecoats 1997 -Midnight Blue (Loved the middle tune, and the Matt Savage Drum line rocked)

Bluecoats 1994 - Blues (not the strongest corps from Canton, but the whole Bebop show was cool especially sandu with the drum line on brushes)

Phantom 1983.

Troopers 1988.

Concur on Symphonie Fantastique. Still, IMO, one of the best shows on paper of the decade.

Cadets 2010 (think what you will about Jeffrey...the corps was great!)

Bluecoats 2010 - VERY fun show -

I agree on BOTH, I love the transition from the ballad to the next piece in Cadets 2010. Bluecoats was a loved show from what I've seen from close friends and other people I've seen talk about it

Madison 2007

The opening of this show is amazing and one of those things I can listen to forever.

Cadets 2002 (get over the cheese...this is good stuff)

I LOVE this shown and 2001 Cadets as well.

PR 2005 Gershwin - My fav of the decade, doesn't seem to get a lot of love here.

Top 5 show of the decade for me.

I'd like to add Crossmen 2003, Spirit '03 and any show Spirit made finals with like Broadway, Genesis and others.

Blue Devils 2010 - Absolutely loved the show.

Question for everyone, did everyone really not like Cadets 1999? I'm not a big Cadet fan, but I absolutely love their 1999 show.

Question for everyone, did everyone really not like Cadets 1999? I'm not a big Cadet fan, but I absolutely love their 1999 show.

I loved that show. I think some of the most underappreciated shows are those that occur in years where the corps dropped from a high placement in the prior year. Other examples are Phantom '97 and Blue Devils '00 and Cavaliers '07 and Phantom '07.

People seem to say "oh they are not as good this year" and fail to enjoy the show for what it is.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 1