Rochester PRELIMS

I was just thinking about geography when I was reading the above posts. If the DCA membership were split into 4 regions, (say DCA Northeast, DCA South, DCA Central, and DCA West), then we could conceivably have a weekend of regionals that could finalize seeding for Prelims.

I don't think I'm being too unrealistic here:

9-14 corps in DCA Northeast: Bucs, Bush, Cabs, Empire, Fusion, Hurcs, White Sabers, Grennies & Excelsiors (plus potentially Sun, Sky, Brigs, Cru & MVE)

5-6 corps in DCA South: Sun Devils, Alliance, CV, Gold, Shenandoah (plus potentially MCL)

5-10 corps in DCA Central: Vigilantes, Kilties, Govies, MBI, Cincy Tradition (plus potentially GCS, Frontier, Austin Stars, Chops, Lakeshoremen)

3-5 corps in DCA West: Renegades, Dream & HCB (plus potentially Kingsmen and a Sacramento corps)

...*maybe*...there is another entry from the west, the Sin City Regiment from, where else?, Las Vegas, trying to get it going...it would be way cool for the brothers from Freelancers to get something happening in Sac...Kingsmen won't do a senior entry (at least under that name!)...but there's a shot at it out here, we'll just have to see...the Denver group is kinda on the fringe, could do Texas maybe easier, but no matter what, they've got the biggest logistical challenge of all these corps...California is SO big (read; long), it's 3/4ths of the east coast all rolled into one huge thing. And Texas is...TEXAS! But, heh, my fave thing today, with some good planning... :rolleyes:

cg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing regionals is great. You're still going to have the people tell you you can't compare scores from different shows to each other and thus this will make the seeding wrong again.

SIGh

Doing regionals is great. You're still going to have the people tell you you can't compare scores from different shows to each other and thus this will make the seeding wrong again.

SIGh

Yes, but... at least its the same weekend and not like it is now when you have the east corps with one week better scores.

I was just thinking about geography when I was reading the above posts. If the DCA membership were split into 4 regions, (say DCA Northeast, DCA South, DCA Central, and DCA West), then we could conceivably have a weekend of regionals that could finalize seeding for Prelims.

I don't think I'm being too unrealistic here:

9-14 corps in DCA Northeast: Bucs, Bush, Cabs, Empire, Fusion, Hurcs, White Sabers, Grennies & Excelsiors (plus potentially Sun, Sky, Brigs, Cru & MVE)

5-6 corps in DCA South: Sun Devils, Alliance, CV, Gold, Shenandoah (plus potentially MCL)

5-10 corps in DCA Central: Vigilantes, Kilties, Govies, MBI, Cincy Tradition (plus potentially GCS, Frontier, Austin Stars, Chops, Lakeshoremen)

3-5 corps in DCA West: Renegades, Dream & HCB (plus potentially Kingsmen and a Sacramento corps)

the biggest obstacle I see is what weekend to do it, and what happens to any show host that traditionally runs that weekend in the NE if you try and make it a super show up here.

the biggest obstacle I see is what weekend to do it, and what happens to any show host that traditionally runs that weekend in the NE if you try and make it a super show up here.

From what I'm gathering, two weeks before Championships is a good target. And truth be told, you could really split the NE into two groups with all the corps you have to work with. This would allow for 5 shows happening simultaneously. And yes, while it's true that you can't really compare scores from show to show, I think most would agree that at least having a show on the same day would at least put you in the right ballpark.

true. just need to have enough judges available that weekend

Just saying...

It's not like this really matters.

Have fun at your gig this weekend.

Biggest obstacle I see is that DCA doesn't have enough quality judges for all these shows on the same weekend.

They struggle now to use a mixture of "regional" and "regular" judges. I think they do their best when it comes to

scheduling vs expenses.

Maybe 3 regions, but 4 or 5 I do not believe is achievable at the level we all want.

Just saying...

It's not like this really matters.

Have fun at your gig this weekend.

LOL - weren't you the one that brought up the fact that the NE corps have an extra weekend to get in seedings scores?!

I know, I know - scores shmores.

Biggest obstacle I see is that DCA doesn't have enough quality judges for all these shows on the same weekend.

They struggle now to use a mixture of "regional" and "regular" judges. I think they do their best when it comes to

scheduling vs expenses.

Maybe 3 regions, but 4 or 5 I do not believe is achievable at the level we all want.

I dunno about that. It all seems to work out pretty much right by finals weekend