Earl vs. Ernesto in Rochester

Never heard of it before.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have NEVER seen a track even close to the one posted on here for earl... every one I see has it hugging the coast and hitting new england... which would be GREAT for Rochester...

As I have said elsewhere and someone on here mentioned... Rochester gets it when a storm comes in from the gulf of Mexico travels up the MS valley to the OH valley and then comes into western NY... that is what Ernesto did... and that would be a big problem... Earl should be no problem at all...

Tom, the picture of the track in my post was just the recap of Ernesto from 2006. The link I posted was for Earl.

I think you guys in Rochester will be OK.

Me on Long Island... not so sure :tongue: better have power to get scores throughout the weekend LOL

it's not good when the weather channel sends people to cover the storm, and they are sending two people to LI :rolleyes:

What is beef on weck? :rolleyes:

A VERY tasty beef sandwich, Liz. Last time I had one it was water-logged ... courtesy of Ernesto ... but the taste is quite distinctive. Add a little horseradish - nirvana.

Chicago has their Portillo's Italian Beef ..... Rochester has Red Osier's Beef on Weck.

I think you guys in Rochester will be OK.

Me on Long Island... not so sure :tongue: better have power to get scores throughout the weekend LOL

it's not good when the weather channel sends people to cover the storm, and they are sending two people to LI :rolleyes:

The surf at Montauk ought to be HUGE!

A VERY tasty beef sandwich, Liz. Last time I had one it was water-logged ... courtesy of Ernesto ... but the taste is quite distinctive. Add a little horseradish - nirvana.

Chicago has their Portillo's Italian Beef ..... Rochester has Red Osier's Beef on Weck.

Actually, Beef on Weck is a Buffalo "tradition" that spread through the Western New York area.

Growing up in Batavia, I had Beef on Weck from Getner's Grill ( before it burned down) and

to this day from the Pk-A-Dot on Ellicott Street. The Red Osier is a few miles outside of Batavia,

so I still associate that sandwich with Buffalo as opposed to Rochester.

That said, I was sad to find Beef on Weck no longer available on the menu at Rhinos Stadium the

past two years at DCA. I had to make special "runs" to Batavia to get them :)

Paul

http://www.nyfolklore.org/pubs/voic29-1-2/buffalo.html

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Sandwich/BeefOnWeck.htm

God bless you John... and Liz is rolling on the floor laughing right now... what she's telling you is it's:

wick

as in kimmelwick rolls

Without dragging on land, it's not going to weaken like ernesto. But it's also not going to slow down. Still a pretty big fellow, so if it's within 200 miles you'll be getting wet. And it's still too early to tell for sure.

Yes, red osier...

I have NEVER seen a track even close to the one posted on here for earl... every one I see has it hugging the coast and hitting new england... which would be GREAT for Rochester...

As I have said elsewhere and someone on here mentioned... Rochester gets it when a storm comes in from the gulf of Mexico travels up the MS valley to the OH valley and then comes into western NY... that is what Ernesto did... and that would be a big problem... Earl should be no problem at all...

YES!!! those sandwhiches rocked!!

as for Hurricanes, the only one we need to see this weekend wears green, white and black

...hey! Youse guys are gonna get me to eat that beast!

cg