2010 Drum Corps Associates World Championships - Prelims

And you wonder why they are currently in 7th place??? :tongue::worthy: :worthy:

Ok,all Farfegnugens aside :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I am going to say some things about Alliance this year that I have not said before. It may surprise a few people...shock a few people and perhaps make some of my alumni a bit testy with me but I think it has some value and some merit.

Alliance has finally arrived with a hornline. For the first year ever I could finally hear the hornline over the drumline. Low brass especially sounds juicy. Mello section has some really spicy licks in it and they play and balance well.

The program OVERALL is up this year. While the show has some visual moments its not over demanding to the point where it looks like a bunch of bad athletic programs trying to do basic training at full out hyper drive as in years past. The visual program is well within reach of the membership and ADDS to the overall effect of the show from a spectators point of view and allows the music to be reached by the masses instead of just the few.

I wish you and all of the DCAS corps well this weekend and let the best corps win.

Ohh yeah and Farfegnugen :)

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict two maybe three more,.............

Don't finals scores usually drop "some" overall from prelims?

I think its safe to say we'll see Corpsvets make the leap over Renegades tomorrow night.

I think its safe to say that we (Renegades) had some hair on our show tonite, we got a better one in us and we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

(For the record, CorpsVets have a great show and performed VERY well tonite.........as for tomorrow nite, we'll see!)

sounds like an easy fix,.......................

No doubt Gary,,,,, No doubt!!!!!

CV has had a wonderful season and after spending several hours with the crew at the CorpsVets home show I have never seen heads held so high with them and each and every member of the corps is having a kick butt time with the show.

CV has a amazing show and I am not sure they have gotten total credit for it yet. All elements of the 2010 CorpsVets are up this year and if they have a solid run tomorrow night,,no telling how high they could place. The demand of the show is so high that I think stamina may be one of the things holding them back. Pop it into overdrive for those last 2 min CV and play it like you have never played it before.

Have a great run CV and I wish I was there cheering you on from my wheelchair. :)

That continues to be the single dumbest penalty in all of drum corps. Why DCA hasn't eliminated the backfield boundary I'll never know.

Too implement it at random times????? :tongue:

I agree,,its pretty silly. Especially since it has not happened to CV all season long.

AS someone said,,,its a easy fix and tomorrow is another day.

Go CV.

EDIT to add.

You can bet CV and Renegades will be stepping things up a notch or twelve tomorrow. I look forward to hearing the reviews and seeing the out come.

Edited by camel lips

Is it true that there was a tabulation error and Minnesota Brass actually scored a 96.875??? That's the rumour spreading across facebook... Anybody know for sure?

Is it true that there was a tabulation error and Minnesota Brass actually scored a 96.875??? That's the rumour spreading across facebook... Anybody know for sure?

It really does not change anything for semis. STill puts them in 2nd place. How that would factor into tomorrow nights scores is anybody's guess.

Ive talked to a few peeps that saw Reading and said they got a fair score tonight. Word around the campfire is they were not hitting on all cylinders tonight.

I wish MBI well tomorrow night. Getcha some.