2010 Drum Corps Associates World Championships - Prelims

NIght all. Look forward to hearing about finals. Good luck to all the corps competing.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the horn line coming in from the back corner. Very understated.

Hmmm...back corner horn block, herald trumpet players...Somebody stealing from Cadets' playbook?

Nah, Cadets are late-comers to the herald trumpet party.

From DCI.org News on 8/03/2008...

"Phantom Regiment (1st, 95.825) brought a multitude of changes and additions to the finale of the corps’ program tonight, including herald trumpets for the opening fanfare of the production..."

Source: Allentown Performance Heralds Gold Medal Finish for Phantom Regiment

So, Regiment performs Spartacus with herald trumpets, and so do Bucs. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Garry in Vegas

edited

score was correct... there was a typo on the first recap... all fixed... go to http://www.dcacorps.org for a new recap

Edited by TomPeashey

Nah, Cadets are late-comers to the herald trumpet party.

From DCI.org News on 8/03/2008...

"Phantom Regiment (1st, 95.825) brought a multitude of changes and additions to the finale of the corps’ program tonight, including herald trumpets for the opening fanfare of the production..."

Source: Allentown Performance Heralds Gold Medal Finish for Phantom Regiment

So, Regiment performs Spartacus with herald trumpets, and so do Bucs. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Garry in Vegas

Phantom actually used Herald G Bugles back in 1998 for their The Music of Rome show. I believe they were made from Yamaha trumpets and converted to G.

GO Grennies!!!! Show em what CANADA 'S GOT!!!!! Ive dedicated your show to a dear friend of mine a founding member of the Grennies the late BOB PETERS He'd be PROUD of what you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO Grennies!!!! Show em what CANADA 'S GOT!!!!! Ive dedicated your show to a dear friend of mine a founding member of the Grennies the late BOB PETERS He'd be PROUD of what you are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Peters... my dear friend... for sure he would have been proud last night... Canuck forever...