PR Conductors

I don't know, but they need to quit fooling themselves and put down the baton. You honestly think marchers are looking for your finely placed ictus at the tip? Ya no....

Almost every post I've seen from you in the past month has a complete lack of respect for tradition. And btw, their ictus's can be seen for miles ... they're just that good!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but they need to quit fooling themselves and put down the baton. You honestly think marchers are looking for your finely placed ictus at the tip? Ya no....

But it's their shtick.

I think I've been hijacked! :devil:

GET OFF MY PLANE!!!

Just a question. Does Regiment have DM's? Do the backfield conductors move to the front podium eventually? And who were they the years I marched in DCI (2006-07) :devil:

They call their drum majors conductors. Usually they have one main and either one or two assistant conductors. The assistants switch podiums, but rarely go to the front and center podium, I can't help you with the names, sorry though.

And the use of the batons is a lonf held tradition, as it is a big part of their classical music identity. Santa Clara has used one lately as well, as it fits the music better. And yes, from the field, you can still see the baton.

PR holds open auditions for all of their drum major spots. You do not have to be a previous member to be one. All three of them this year were rookies in the corps. Only one of them had any drum corps experience (mello player for Crown in '09).

And yes, from the field, you can still see the baton.

Just because you see it, does not mean you follow it.

Edited by DAvery