2010 Alumni Spectacular

JohnD

The cast (L to R)

Bobby Burke

John "Grass" Urspruch (I hope I spelled it right.)

Charlie "Darth" Vayda

Great photo, Charlie!

Awesome guys. Love the sunglasses. Nice touch.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. But if you want the alumni activity to die,,just add in judges. Then everyone will have to go to a younger membership to keep up with the Jones's.

It would kill the alumni activity and that is something that I could not stand to see.

Absolutely right! The Boston Crusaders did an exhibition in Manchester, NH this year and we freaked when the judges came out and started doing their thing. We joked about it later saying that it was the first time most of us had been judged in over thirty years!

Isn't "spiel" mean toy?

"speil" means ring.

Back to the Rumps as we go into Espana Cani. Soloists still up front. This guy can really sustain a note.

Kevin: Now that I can finally get back in front of a computer screen after that absolutely AWESOME weekend, the Cabs Alumni don't carry FH's on the field, just mellos, but they had several of those valve-rotor FH's along the front sidelines which were used in the "Peanut Vendor" segment of "I Go to Rio". And the soloist after "Rumps" at the end was the illustrious Kurt Hawkins :beer::beer::beer:

Thanks Frank. I think I saw you a couple times yesterday before Prelims in your Golden Eagles jacket. Wanted to say hi but kept on getting pulled away by somebody or something. It's always a pleasure to see/hear you!

Sorry I mised you Kevin!!!!

BTW....as always, a GREAT job done by you and the crew, bringing us the 'play by play'. Thanks for all you do!!! :beer:

Kevin: Now that I can finally get back in front of a computer screen after that absolutely AWESOME weekend, the Cabs Alumni don't carry FH's on the field, just mellos, but they had several of those valve-rotor FH's along the front sidelines which were used in the "Peanut Vendor" segment of "I Go to Rio". And the soloist after "Rumps" at the end was the illustrious Kurt Hawkins :beer::beer::beer:

Yep.....that's exactly what I said......in the small ensemble, there are french horns being used.....

and just so you know......Curt spells his name with a "C"....as in Curtis Hawkins!!!!

This may be the BEST horn line Bridgemen Alumni have had since they reformed in 2006.

Kevin, and others...

Thanks for your kind remarks about ALL of the alumni corps! Everyone works very hard to offer an outstanding performance for the crowds, and your reviews, and accolades are greatly appreciated! Kudos to everyone that participated in yesterday's Alumni Spectacular and special thanks to DCA for inviting us to perform again! We had a blast!!!

In addition, Kevin... thanks for your remarks about our horn line. We were blessed with a wonderful caption head by the name of Gabriel Gulino, until he was called to perform and work with the greatest drum corps in heaven. He is greatly missed by everyone that knew him, but his legacy lives on through the Bridgemen brass section that gets to play the wonderful musical arrangements of Larry Kirschner!

It is an honor and privilege to carry on the work that Gabe started, along with some very talented brass instructors, including Jerome Kimbrough, Rick Ducharme, Matt Krempasky, and George Lea.

Finally, thank you to our director George Lavelle, and his Admin Team, Drum Majors John Richard, and Jerome Kimbrough, and to all of our members (both on, and off the field) for making this season so memorable, and exciting!

HYPE!!!

Jim Jordan

Drum Major/Bayonne Bridgemen

Thanks very much Kevin, your remarks are kind. I would like to think kindly that DCAs decision to put Scout House on first was a crowd pleaser to bring more people earier on into the stadium. We were one of the few with a full field show. We had a wonderful time at the show.

Thanks

Just got around to reading the coverage from the Alumni show.

I was able to catch Scout House, Skyliners Alumni and Cabs Alumni at the show (sorry I didn't see more, but I had to go get some breakfast!).... but the coverage you guys did really helped me "fill in the blanks" for the corps I missed.

Great job, DCP crew!!!!