Am I Right or Wrong?

DCA people are more social than DCI? You go to a DCA show and everyone knows everyone, probably thanks to DCP. What do you all think?

Keith i have to agree. I do know staff involved with DCI corps. But most of my wife and I's friends are involved in DCA

DCA people are more social than DCI? You go to a DCA show and everyone knows everyone, probably thanks to DCP. What do you all think?

I don't think it has as much to do with DCP as it does with the general attitude of DCA corps toward each other and outsiders. I was told by someone (can't remember who) that the people from Kidsgrove Scouts found it impressive that members of a corps would socialize with members of other corps. I guess in the UK, nobody socializes outside their corps. Of course, in DCI virtually every waking minute of a member's time is programmed and I'm sure the schedule doesn't include time to chat with members of other corps. I'll take the DCA model any day.

Keith i have to agree. I do know staff involved with DCI corps. But most of my wife and I's friends are involved in DCA

Jason, it was nice speaking with you in Rochester...

DCI audience has become home to bandos, bando parents and parents and relatives of the kids marching dci... diehard drum corps fans are way in the minority now... with the lower numbers at DCA, that is not the case... all the old farts stand out and are easy to find... there's plenty of them at DCI too, they're just harder to find.

My hope is a compromise that will see more die hard drum corps fanatics back at DCI finals and more of the DCI fans realizing there is great entertainment value at DCA too... The entertainment and quality last night was indisputable... what a fabulous show for all...

With the much larger stadium in Annapolis 2012 - we have a golden opportunity and the perfect showcase... can't wait.