Renegades

If you want to put it that way, then sure. Or how about I speak the truth, or I gave a hard dose of reality? Kilties didn't make finals again because they didn't have the product or the performance to do so. How does that qualify me as a d-bag? Same goes with Renegades. Corpsvets scored below them because of a penalty, without that penalty they were ahead easily. I knew they would make the leap. Renegades deserved 10th place.

I'm sorry the truth might hurt some of the whiny pretentious people here, but that sir is NOT my problem.

That might be true, however I'm pretty sure they had the product seeing as their directors only been doing it for 30-40 years or so, successfully. CV did the same thing everyone else is doing, and re-hashed old DCI shows, having marched the Cadets show they played, I was more then a little offended. And agreeing with DCA judges isn't a "hard dose of reality". I've seen more then a few of your "I'm smarter then you, my "harsh" opinion means more then yours". Self important tripe posts. You are not smarter then anyone, your opinions are not facts, your record shows yo've marched no where, which means A, you're a bitter old man who no longer feels relevant, and uses that to troll the products and opinions of others, or you've just never marched anywhere, and like to annoy people that do. I'm all for harsh realities etc, and honest opionions. Yes Gades deserved 10th if that, yes Kilties didn't have the demand for finals, but to insinuate that any corps didn't take the time to put together a program or that the members didn't perform it is niave or stupid. Pick one.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That might be true, however I'm pretty sure they had the product seeing as their directors only been doing it for 30-40 years or so, successfully. CV did the same thing everyone else is doing, and re-hashed old DCI shows, having marched the Cadets show they played, I was more then a little offended. And agreeing with DCA judges isn't a "hard dose of reality". I've seen more then a few of your "I'm smarter then you, my "harsh" opinion means more then yours". Self important tripe posts. You are not smarter then anyone, your opinions are not facts, your record shows yo've marched no where, which means A, you're a bitter old man who no longer feels relevant, and uses that to troll the products and opinions of others, or you've just never marched anywhere, and like to annoy people that do. I'm all for harsh realities etc, and honest opionions. Yes Gades deserved 10th if that, yes Kilties didn't have the demand for finals, but to insinuate that any corps didn't take the time to put together a program or that the members didn't perform it is niave or stupid. Pick one.

I for one don't see anything in his post that insinuated that, "corps didn't take the time to put together a program or that the members didn't perform it".

Nor did I see any proof that the poster "didn't march anywhere"...

(You just might be surprised!)

Gratuitous insults do nothing to nourish discourse - "tripe posts", "bitter old man" and "naive or stupid" are prime examples of thread-killing.

Let's play nice, please...?

If he wants to know where I marched, I'll say it right now.

1993-1996 Empire Loyalists DCI/ODCA Div III

1997-2003, 2005 Kingston Grenadiers

How would it be UNfair? The show that is being put on the field THAT night is what's being judged. Isn't that what should be done?

As for the slings and arrows....trust me, the Renegades don't spend that much money to come clear across the country year after year to not know how to deal with slings and arrows. :guinesssmilie:

It should be noted that (unless the few heare w/o any identifying names in their signature and I don't know who they are, which is entirely possible) there aren't any 2010 Renegade performers in this thread "whinning" about their placement.

Easy girl. I'm a BIG Renegades fan. Marched CNY with you guys last year, stayed at the Doubletree all weekend with them this year, am good friends with a number of them (Ray "Wolverine" & Madge Sanchez, Dave Martinez, both Chris Nalls & Clavejo, Greg Gilman, Tiffany Carrico, Doug Patterson to mention a just few) AND my plane reservation for this coming CNY is already made. And I'm waiting for my fellow Bridgemen buddy to send me a copy of the after show park 'n bark back at the hotel so I can get it off to cg. I'm well aware of their feelings and believe me they are nothing but class. :music:

What is the East coast Bias, and what games did Minnesota Brass play?

Good point about MBI somehow suddenly "playing the game" in recent years.

I've been watching MBI since, what, 1985 at DCA Championships... and, to me, they are a very unique corps.... a breath of fresh air, every year, with a style all their own.

They knocked on the door for many, many years.... along the way getting some (low) placements and scores that I, honestly, did not agree with...until they finally broke through in 1998 as a consistent Top Five corps.

They haven't suddenly started "playing the game" in recent years just to achieve a higher placement. They've achieved those higher placements because they are very good at what they do.

Edited by Fran Haring

Agreed.

The NE has indeed been a stronghold of senior corps going back to the dawn of time and even before DCA - main reason - the majority of the corps are from that region. As for bias - there is bias in everything and everyone to varying degrees - but not as much from the 'unfair' side of things - but mostly humans vary in their preferences and assessments. I recall back in the early 60's for example - east coast drum lines tended not to score as well when they traveled to the Midwest and vice versa. I would suspect - today's subjective judging criteria perhaps makes the 'bias' of the judging crew more noticeable ? Or perhaps there really is no bias at all and the disagreements over the results of a show just a reflection of our own preferences ?

Is it time DCA adds judges during championship week from across the country ? I tend to think overall - while spreads 'might' be different - the results will be the same in the composite.

DCA send its judges across thew country for shows now. and if there was bias, MBI would be 5th, not 2nd, and Bush would not be 9th.

i wasn't there so i really don't know how they performed. but i can say this. if you put out 10 corps then somebody has to be in 10th. dosen't mean your bad it means somebody has to be 10th. from what i heard from people there it iwas a great finals. one of the best. so renegades should hold their heads up high. only one corps can take 1st place. everybody eles feels like they got screwed. not so. it's just the way of the world. just my 2 cents.

All the Renegades I spoke to were stunned by the placement. many of them have joked about saying FU to DCA next year and saving their money and going to DCUK instead. I seriously think they should do it because win/lose or Draw at least they will have a blast and not feel like they are getting their chain yanked by the powers that be.

All the Renegades I spoke to were stunned by the placement. many of them have joked about saying FU to DCA next year and saving their money and going to DCUK instead. I seriously think they should do it because win/lose or Draw at least they will have a blast and not feel like they are getting their chain yanked by the powers that be.

bitter,...........................bitter,............................party of one...............your table is ready,..................