Yo, Tremendous Blah....

Blocks and symmetry are so overated. Tremendous Blast was blazing the way with A-symmetrical drill long before ANYONE else....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tremendous Blast was blazing the way with A-symmetrical drill long before ANYONE else....

not by choice but by (lack of) talent

not by choice but by (lack of) talent

Dear Mr. El,

To your untrained eye it may appear that way; but upon closer inspection, when one considers the Tremendous number of WORLD CHAMPIONS (DCI and DCA) that are a part of the Tremendousness, one cannot help but to reach the conclusion that the organized mayhem that is the Tremendous Blast, is clearly the result of many hours of concentrated effort.

Yes, one could just show up and march in a nice clean (dare I say boring?) block, but for our talent level, that would be akin to “mailing it in”, and THAT is NOT Tremendous.

The “Z-fold” was misunderstood too, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t Tremendous. We are comfortable in our Tremendousness, but not arrogant about it. So go ahead and stroll along in a nice clean block, and receive the nice applause that come with a nice “beginning” effort, while the Tremendousness redefines the art of Drum Corps yet again.

Yours in Tremendousness,

Roark

Be Tremendous, or be square! You can’t do both.

Nothing quite says, "High school band," like a nice symmetrical parade block...

Nothing quite says, "High school band," like a nice symmetrical parade block...

it's a huge step from being turdmendous.

it's a huge step from being turdmendous.

Dear Mr. El,

That was almost clever...almost. :whistle:

I have come to realize that your comments toward the Tremendous Tremendousness are indeed being driven by an extreme inferiority complex :tongue: . Please, don’t worry that you will be seen as something less than Tremendous, just because a nice clean box is at the top of your skill level. There is a place in the LAX Oktoberfest parade for all God’s drum corps. That includes the blue block, so come have fun, and enjoy the Tremendous day :tongue: .

After you have completed your block-like stroll though the streets of beautiful LAX, sit back and bask in our Tremendousness as we whip the crowd into heights of ecstasy that can only come from being in the presence of the Tremendous Tremendousness that is the Tremendous Blast :ph34r: . Yes, it will free your mind, cure cancer, and bring about world peace, that is a given, but the Tremendousness will also give you a new personal goal of entertainment excellence to shoot for. And, let’s face it. A life with worthy goals is pretty empty. So we are glad to give you something to shoot for, to inspire you to potential Tremendousness. If you really try, you can get there :tongue: .

Tremendously yours,

Roark

Be Tremendous or be square. You can’t do both.

Dear Mr. El,

That was almost clever...almost. :worthy:

I have come to realize that your comments toward the Tremendous Tremendousness are indeed being driven by an extreme inferiority complex :cry: . Please, don’t worry that you will be seen as something less than Tremendous, just because a nice clean box is at the top of your skill level. There is a place in the LAX Oktoberfest parade for all God’s drum corps. That includes the blue block, so come have fun, and enjoy the Tremendous day :tongue: .

After you have completed your block-like stroll though the streets of beautiful LAX, sit back and bask in our Tremendousness as we whip the crowd into heights of ecstasy that can only come from being in the presence of the Tremendous Tremendousness that is the Tremendous Blast :tongue: . Yes, it will free your mind, cure cancer, and bring about world peace, that is a given, but the Tremendousness will also give you a new personal goal of entertainment excellence to shoot for. And, let’s face it. A life with worthy goals is pretty empty. So we are glad to give you something to shoot for, to inspire you to potential Tremendousness. If you really try, you can get there :ph34r: .

Tremendously yours,

Roark

Be Tremendous or be square. You can’t do both.

You make me laugh. :whistle:

See you next week. :tongue:

You make me laugh. :tongue:

See you next week. :tongue:

Now that will be Tremendous!

"OK" (insert my best Scott Stewert voice here please)

This whole thing is starting to get (good) out of hand. I hope the good people of DCP (come to LaCrosse and march TB) excuse the rather rude nature of a few ( Mr. El ) posters that are (finally giving readers something to read about) ruining upstanding threads like this. Why! I ask you, Why? Do people think DCP is some kind of public soap box? ( :tongue: ) Do people sit and scheme (no they drink beer and laugh) about how this is wrong and how they can save the world?

Please concider the fact that not everybody (who dat?) wants to hear your (crap) about some (stupid child like) marching block, or how some made up drum corps (Blue Stars Alumni or Tremendous Blast---march them both for twice the fun)) is going to cure cancer.

signed..Grow Up (not John Mayer)

"OK" (insert my best Scott Stewert voice here please)

This whole thing is starting to get (good) out of hand. I hope the good people of DCP (come to LaCrosse and march TB) excuse the rather rude nature of a few ( Mr. El ) posters that are (finally giving readers something to read about) ruining upstanding threads like this. Why! I ask you, Why? Do people think DCP is some kind of public soap box? ( :tongue: ) Do people sit and scheme (no they drink beer and laugh) about how this is wrong and how they can save the world?

Please concider the fact that not everybody (who dat?) wants to hear your (crap) about some (stupid child like) marching block, or how some made up drum corps (Blue Stars Alumni or Tremendous Blast---march them both for twice the fun)) is going to cure cancer.

signed..Grow Up (not John Mayer)

I know Jon Meier!