Giving it to Reading?

skeptic

Maybe every one who did not event march this year should grow up no one from ES OR MBI OR RB is yelling about it. congrats MBI and ES ....and MBI for taking brass see all next year

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think what place the corps went on is part of the argument, at all. I don't think they would be complaining, because the right corps would have been on last. These first few posters aren't the first I have heard of MBI's prelims performance and how it should have been 1st.

Yeah I gotta agree with this, I used to be a proponent of the "when you go on matters" theroy. I was proven waaaaaaay wrong this year. I really dug MBI's show, Wasn't a fan of Buccs DCI show, BUT, they were better. Not much better, but a win is a win. Even if MBI had won prelims, if they would have played the same quality show they played in finals, they still would have fallen short. I don't see why this is even an issue.

The corps with the Highest score won.Enough semantics for one day. :guinesssmilie:

Yes $1 to Jeffy,blah blah blah. :music:

send cash to....

Your theory is great until you factor in that all someone had to do is watch the visual programs and see that Reading was far more dirty than the 2 corps behind them.. And how did Reading win? On the strength of thier visual captions... If they dominated music and lost in visual and won I think you might have an argument but anyone who was there both night could see that reading had no business winning the visual captions.

So if we are going to continue with this line of reasoning......let's REALLy talk design then as well. Is standing still part of the sheets. Is there a great deal of planning with CO2? Is there a degree of talent with standing still. SHould a show flow or stop and go through out the performance and often when the music clearly dictates movement....... SHould there be ANy level thinking outside of the box displayed in the design????

We should really discuss every aspect of the sheets then if we keep going this way. Failure to do so would just short change the truth......

The Bucs prepare to win each year and do not plan to beat other corps. They do heir own thing and do not look in the rear view mirror. They look at what they have and aim push the bar higher. What they do off of the field is equally as important as what they do at each and every rehearsal.

Folks - they won again and earned it. If you have a problem with it - look at how they did it - it was a demanding, well paced, musically written (meaning the visual matched the music WITH movement), tension/release drill design 101 aspects, fantastic perc book written musically to enhance the story line and yet be featured ONLY when appropriate . . .advanced planning with follow through plans. . . you get the idea.

The judges look at all of the sheets and the criteria on them. Biased people have a tendency to ignore them.......reality is reality.

Design and planning is Design and planning.......the off season is extremely important.

Congratulations 2010 Buccaneers on your earned Championship and setting a couple of more records.

So if we are going to continue with this line of reasoning......let's REALLy talk design then as well. Is standing still part of the sheets. Is there a great deal of planning with CO2? Is there a degree of talent with standing still. SHould a show flow or stop and go through out the performance and often when the music clearly dictates movement....... SHould there be ANy level thinking outside of the box displayed in the design????

We should really discuss every aspect of the sheets then if we keep going this way. Failure to do so would just short change the truth......

The Bucs prepare to win each year and do not plan to beat other corps. They do heir own thing and do not look in the rear view mirror. They look at what they have and aim push the bar higher. What they do off of the field is equally as important as what they do at each and every rehearsal.

Folks - they won again and earned it. If you have a problem with it - look at how they did it - it was a demanding, well paced, musically written (meaning the visual matched the music WITH movement), tension/release drill design 101 aspects, fantastic perc book written musically to enhance the story line and yet be featured ONLY when appropriate . . .advanced planning with follow through plans. . . you get the idea.

The judges look at all of the sheets and the criteria on them. Biased people have a tendency to ignore them.......reality is reality.

Design and planning is Design and planning.......the off season is extremely important.

Congratulations 2010 Buccaneers on your earned Championship and setting a couple of more records.

I like that shot at us, highlighted above.

FYI....he was talking about cleanliness....not design. Get with it before you start posting.

Also, whats the big deal about one park and bark? I can recall Reading, 2 years ago, standing(worse then a park and bark) for a ridiculous amount of time playing....wait for it...cannon.

Edited by HighBrass09

What about the psychology of it all? What if MBI beats Reading on Prelims? What does that do to the mindset of the performers from each corps? Reading hasn't lost in, well, now, 6 years. Everybody that marches Reading has never lost and honestly, I don't think they would know what to do with themselves if they had lost prelims night! Other way around for MBI! They beat Reading, they go into rehearsal the next day and Finals on such a high that I think they would not have been beaten on Sunday night! I, for one, thought MBI should have beaten Reading on Saturday.

What about the psychology of it all? What if MBI beats Reading on Prelims? What does that do to the mindset of the performers from each corps? Reading hasn't lost in, well, now, 6 years. Everybody that marches Reading has never lost and honestly, I don't think they would know what to do with themselves if they had lost prelims night! Other way around for MBI! They beat Reading, they go into rehearsal the next day and Finals on such a high that I think they would not have been beaten on Sunday night! I, for one, thought MBI should have beaten Reading on Saturday.

So true! I have a feeling tht if Reading had lost prelims, several of their members would have gone into a coma, with the rest of them wandering around in zombie-like rage, completely unable to rehearse or perform at Finals on Sunday. MBI, on the otherhand, having just slain the Blue Dragon, surely would have been on such a super hero euphoria, they would have marched the "Perfect Show" a la Cheri Oteri and Will Ferrell.

spartan_cheerleaders_snl4.jpg

Congrats to the Reading Buccaneers on another incredible undefeated Championship season!

I like that shot at us, highlighted above.

FYI....he was talking about cleanliness....not design. Get with it before you start posting.

Also, whats the big deal about one park and bark? I can recall Reading, 2 years ago, standing(worse then a park and bark) for a ridiculous amount of time playing....wait for it...cannon.

I agree with the Park and Bark with the Blue team then as well - and I agree with some of the cleanliness issues as well. Having said that - design is always left out. It is the white elephant in the room which everyone seems to dodge. It is also part of the sheets. A clean performance is the goal for every group so the intent of the show is communicated to the audience. The cleanliness also highlights the design - it acts like a magnifying glass for each and every group. If a performance number is higher than a design number - or even close - not actually a totally good thing.

Did not mean to tick anyone off - there is white elephant there - that's all

Exactly.