Minicorps Recap

Fran,

Somehow (probably came out during an 85 hour work week at the airport) I missed the announcement of your induction into Sun's Hall of Fame - congratulations on a long overdue honor to someone who has advanced the cause of drum corps in general and the good name of Sunrisers more specifically.

Although I still think of your french horn as a weapon of mass destruction (at least when paired with Stan's) you know I remain a huge fan of everything except perhaps your view of haute couteur.

As to the Minis - I would love to see them throw down at the Buglers Hall of Fame shows over the winter. I saw Mass Brass in Dorchester and they were splendid. Caught Frank and the Golden Eagles at Bridgeport and they were scintillating. I'd just like to see some of that head to head, mano a mano, blood-thirsty, kill or get over it combat once again.

I'm sure that expense is the barrier but with the Harrisburg show disappearing, the Coliseums will need some entertainment for the masses. I am holding one meaty thumb up for this battle.

Agreed, and will see Fran at the Induction ceremony, Sept 25.

BTW, at DCA finals Fran was announcing and wearing a beautifully outrageous orange shirt, a subtle reminder that the color orange is still present on the field. It was also cool that Kidsgrove's guard, in a portion of their program, seemed to have gone to the same haberdasher and ordered nearly the same shirt. :dontgetit:

Edit: missed a letter here and there

9/11 NEVER FORGET

Edited by Mellofello01

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, at DCA finals Fran was announcing and wearing a beautifully outrageous orange shirt, a subtle reminder that the color orange is still present on the field. It was also cool that Kidsgrove's guard, in a portion of their program, seemed to have gone to the same haberdasher and ordered nearly the same shirt. :dontgetit:

Edit: missed a letter here and there

In the old days I might have thought it likely that Fran had fashioned his orange shirt from a particularly large pair of Kidsgrove Guard knickers but our modern Fran is a more cultured, upper-crust Fran, a veritable Epicurean.

Yes! I would think a couple of Mini's could warm-up an audience before the main event. As fun as a 'run what ya brung' one shot deal is, a little earlier feedback cannot help but make the corps better. Plus a few more competition opportunities might get a few more groups interested.

I know Sine Wave would liked one or two more performance opportunities!

Isn't there a different thread for the DVD's? :dontgetit:

(I wish there was an emoticon for someone scratching their head)

Frank,

Will this one work instead? Link-url-clue.gif

I don't want to hijack this thread....

but thanks, Ray... and thanks, Steve!

Edited by Fran Haring

High Camera & Director's Cut? Sweet!

Though I would guess that 'High Camera' is a relative term here. Should be cool though. The Box5 guys were everywhere, even our warm-up.