Jersey Skeeters

Warren Cornplanters

Cisco Kids

Lamplighters

Golden Trojans

Redmen

Blackhawks

Lumberjacks

LOL, couple of Native 'Merican references here including Chief Cornplanter from the Warren area. Ironic as I was talking to a DCPer who said his family had an album of their which was lost.

Have a Jersey Skeeter (Hackensack) pin but no 'Skeeters' on it, just Doremus Post.

OK, Jersey Devils.... Fundamentalists and the NHL would be all over that, :confused:

Have an old pin of the K-Y Warriors (midwest?)... K-Y Jelly anyone? :dontgetit:

How about ol' Sleepy Eye Post, MN?

How about ol' Sleepy Eye Post, MN?

Sleepy Eye was one of the great senior corps of the 1940s and 1950s. I have some of their original musical charts. Their director/music arranger was the immortal Pinky Schroepfer. He composed some pieces that were scored both for drum & bugle corps and concert band, and were performed jointly by both musical groups.

Have an old pin of the K-Y Warriors (midwest?)

Oshkosh WI Warriors, 1969 World Open Class B champs by a huge margin. Original sponsors were Kiwanis Club and the YMCA.

Edited by HornsUp

Limited Edition. Stupid. Makes them sound like they were predicting their own demise.

Knight Command. Are you frigging kidding me?

I'm not a huge fan of singular-entity names like "Force" or "Power" os "Spirit" (ATL gets to use it, everyone else stay away). I like "Sound" in that context because it's aural, and a sound is also a body of water, like Long Island Sound, and Sucoast Sound makes me think that way. I'm having trouble thinking of a corps name that's been in the activity less time than I've been involved (1980) That's any good. I guess that's a new parlor game, though.

The name Limited Edition was chosen because the corps wanted a title that showed a change in style from year to year. The name is also the reason why I chose to march there- I LOVED it!