Corps names that wouldn't work today

Anyone remember the Hershey Choclatiers from PA? Wouldn't their feeder corps be called the Hershey Squirts? :tongue:

LMAO.... Laughing since I very easily could have become a member of that corps a few *ugh* decades back. they actaully merged with the White Roses (York, PA) for a year or so.

OK, York is the White Rose City but what a name for a Sr corps..... then a Jr corps... then a Sr corps again.... What are you? I'm a White Rose :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

The Southern Rebels-New Orleans La. ( sometimes Metairie La. )

I recall a corps from Canada called the Crescendos.....I just know someone will bite on this one...the bait is too good!

• 6 months later...

I would think the Yankee Rebels might have a hard time today. Saluting the Confederacy is frowned upon in most states. As a matter of fact the Bridgemen who played Yankee Rebels' Civil War Medley would probably have a tough time if they allowed the Confederacy to win at the end of their show as they did at DCI in Atlanta.

I recall a corps from Canada called the Crescendos.....I just know someone will bite on this one...the bait is too good!

They were the Peterborough Krescendos (sponsored by the Kinsmen Club if I recall) which were in klose proximity to Kawartha Kavaliers from Kawartha Lakes which shouldn’t be konfused with the Kiwanis Kavaliers (sponsored by the Kiwanis Club) and originally from the twin-cities Kitchener-Waterloo. Also, in the early 1970’s, Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band (there’s a reason for the name) had won a kontest in Moose Jaw which was sponsored by the Kinsmen. Hope this klears things up :bigsmile:

They were the Peterborough Krescendos (sponsored by the Kinsmen Club if I recall) which were in klose proximity to Kawartha Kavaliers from Kawartha Lakes which shouldn’t be konfused with the Kiwanis Kavaliers (sponsored by the Kiwanis Club) and originally from the twin-cities Kitchener-Waterloo. Also, in the early 1970’s, Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band (there’s a reason for the name) had won a kontest in Moose Jaw which was sponsored by the Kinsmen. Hope this klears things up :bigsmile:

Of kourse! All things konsidered, it was easy to be konfused ... what, with all the Kiwis and their kin.

Of kourse! All things konsidered, it was easy to be konfused ... what, with all the Kiwis and their kin.

lol :D the person that brought back this thread was Tim K

I thought I'd introduce the letter K

if that's okay of kourse ;)

LOL, think I saw Kiwanis Kavaliers (Jr) listed as being in the Red Carpet Assoc (Sr)championship show. Should have been Kawartha.... Have also noticed a 60s Quebec Jr corps name Kawanis Grenediers.

How about the long gone White Knights from Baltimore, MD..... White Knights sounds innocent enough but considering Baltimores racial problems BITD, it takes on another meaning....

Today's program is brought to you by the letter 'K'.

($1 to Sesame Street)

Which allows me to introduce a small corps from Kweens, NY who were an off-shoot of the once great Kweensmen from St. Katherine of Sienna. I marched with the Kweenaires for two seasons just before I joined St. Joseph Patron Kadets of Brooklyn, NY.

...K?