Who was the best of the last 11 Sanford trophy winners?

Who was the best of the last 11 Sanford trophy winners?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Best drumline over the last 11 years

• 00 Cavaliers
    • 01 Cadets
    • 02 Cadets
    • 03 Cadets
    • 04 SCV
    • 05 Cadets
    • 06 PR
    • 07 BD
    • 08 PR
    • 09 BD
    • 10 PR

I did a poll for best brass over the last 11 years and it looks like 09 Carolina Crown is gonna win that running away with over 41% of the votes. Congrats to Crown. Now its time to show the Percussionist some love. So who is it DCP? Who had the best drumline to take home the Sanford trophy over the last 11 years?

I am a huge SCV - Casella fan, BUT I also love the work Rennick has done with Phantom. However, I voted for Cavies 2000. While their technique isn't my personal preference, that drumline was a freak of nature. They looked and sounded like they came out of a secret cloning factory underneath the ground in Rosemont. A drumming machine that year! It was also the first awesome drumline I saw live, which had a lot to do with why I stopped playing sax after DCI East in 2000 (my first Drum Corps show) and switched to drums. 2 years later I was on tour.

I have to go with 2006 Phantom. I don't know if that line was any better than 08 or 10 but those Pearl drums sounded incredible, and I'm usually a Yamaha guy.

Percussion Scores

00 Cavaliers 19.60

01 Cadets 19.70

02 Cadets 19.70

03 Cadets 19.70

04 Santa Clara 19.75 :confused: - my personal favorite

05 Cadets 19.70

06 Phantom Regiment 19.70

07 Blue Devils 19.70

08 Phantom Regiment 19.85 :dontgetit:

09 Blue Devils 19.80

10 Phantom Regiment 19.60

Thanks to sniper282000 for the 02 score.

Edited by devsabre

I picked Phantom 06. I've never heard a line that clean in person before or since. And the BLEND oh my god. They were a whole different level of clean. Add to that the gorgeous touch of that front ensemble and the PHENOMENAL writing, and you have my winner.

SCV 2004.... The most aggressive and emotional drumline I've ever seen live. Casella can write like nobody else. His writing plus Murray's approach?!? OMG. I truly hope to one day soon hear something that (IMO) comes close.