Could this be the best video on marching percussion in the last 30 yea

Let's not put too much stock in the number if hits. I have also seen a YouTube video of a turtle humping a shoe get more hits than this...

I haven't seen that YouTube video, but I instantly sensed it's importance and suspect it will go down in historical texts as the video that brought peace to the Middle East, inspired the discovery of a cure for cancer and generated the first face-to-face meeting between the world's leaders and ambassadors from other planets. Students of the future will learn the chronology of our time by how it relates to the release of that video; one year after the release will be known as 1 AV, etc. If watched while wearing the following, it would allow said watcher/wearer to travel backwards in time.

3wolves.jpg

Edited by Michael Boo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to the original poster and all that seem to lose it over this video..

Now you're just making fun of those whose lives have been forever changed by the video...and besides, the photo caption should read "two pancakes." It has always disturbed me that there are clearly two pancakes on the head of the bunny, yet only one pancake is acknowledged. Do they think they're fooling us?

But getting back to the video being the most important thing to happen to the world of drumming in the past 30 years...Uh, I've got nothing. Can someone Photoshop the three wolves shirt onto the bunny with TWO pancakes on its head? Then we'll REALLY have something.

To the OP,

All sarcasm aside (and there seems to be a lot of it), thanks for posting. Defintely interesting, funny, and entertaining.

For some of us on the "outside", it is a treat to see some of these guys in a casual atmosphere, telling stories, and doing

a little drummin'. Not all of us got to hang out on tour with these guys, and while the "mystique" may have worn off

for you long ago, the magic of this activity and those involved is still there for some of us.

Again, thanks!

To the OP,

All sarcasm aside (and there seems to be a lot of it)...

We're drum corps folk. It's what we do. :spitting:

Seriously, if we didn't share the passion and respect for each other, we would have just ignored the thread. I hope the OP realizes that by having fun with the thread, we're having fun with him. Drum corps marchers and alums have a strange sense of humor that is to be relished and embraced.

I once spoke with Michael Cesario on the phone and told him I was writing a satirical piece that was poking fun at him and I was hoping he wouldn't be offended. He replied, "C-E-S-A-R-I-O. Be sure you spell the name right."

So, in that spirit, I did watch the video on the Book Report last night, and when I woke up this morning, I had lost 20 pounds in my sleep. I then received a phone call from Lady Gaga asking me to go on tour with her and then my doorbell rang. It was Barack Obama, with a couple dozen Secret Service at his side, asking me to demonstrate the Book Report so he could use it on his next televised appearance in order to convince the Taliban to give up in Afghanistan. I did so, got him to sign the drumsticks, and watched as his helicopter ascended towards the heavens, imagining the clouds as the moon and the trees as the howling wolves on the t-shirt he was wearing.

EDIT: Sheesh, I actually misspelled "Cesario" the first time and didn't catch it until now. I failed to heed his advice. Now I have to bathe in chocolate if I don't want my swash to get buckled.

Edited by Michael Boo

We're drum corps folk. It's what we do. :spitting:

Seriously, if we didn't share the passion and respect for each other, we would have just ignored the thread. I hope the OP realizes that by having fun with the thread, we're having fun with him. Drum corps marchers and alums have a strange sense of humor that is to be relished and embraced.

I once spoke with Michael Cesario on the phone and told him I was writing a satirical piece that was poking fun at him and I was hoping he wouldn't be offended. He replied, "C-E-S-A-E-I-O. Be sure you spell the name right."

So, in that spirit, I did watch the video on the Book Report last night, and when I woke up this morning, I had lost 20 pounds in my sleep. I then received a phone call from Lady Gaga asking me to go on tour with her and then my doorbell rang. It was Barack Obama, with a couple dozen Secret Service at his side, asking me to demonstrate the Book Report so he could use it on his next televised appearance in order to convince the Taliban to give up in Afghanistan. I did so, got him to sign the drumsticks, and watched as his helicopter ascended towards the heavens, imagining the clouds as the moon and the trees as the howling wolves on the t-shirt he was wearing.

Mr. Boo,

I did recognize your posts as simply having a laugh. While context is always tough, your light-hearted fun always comes through crystal clear.

Thanks for all you do.

To the OP,

All sarcasm aside (and there seems to be a lot of it), thanks for posting. Defintely interesting, funny, and entertaining.

For some of us on the "outside", it is a treat to see some of these guys in a casual atmosphere, telling stories, and doing

a little drummin'. Not all of us got to hang out on tour with these guys, and while the "mystique" may have worn off

for you long ago, the magic of this activity and those involved is still there for some of us.

Again, thanks!

Ditto.

Mr. Boo,

I did recognize your posts as simply having a laugh. While context is always tough, your light-hearted fun always comes through crystal clear.

Thanks for all you do.

:spitting:

Hey DCP'ers,

This is my first time posting on here... but probably not my last. I run the youtube channel over at Grid U. I was actually surprised to see someone post this over here... and not at all surprised to see some of the reactions to the original post, lol. (I read the one about the turtle in my University's library's silent study area... needless to say I got a few blank stares when I audibly chuckled after reading it)

The "Book Report" aka "Sliv" has been a pretty popular among hybrid rudiments in recent years, so we thought it would be a cool idea to put together a little bit of the backstory of how it surfaced. It's always interesting (for me at least) to hear these kinds of stories, and most of the time... stories like this are only told on tour or amongst a small inner circle. Luckily, we had a great opportunity to collaborate with some pretty great drummers and educators on this project. To say that this is the "best video on marching percussion in the last 30 years" may be a little bit of a stretch... but I'm certainly flattered at the positive reception. For those of you who enjoyed it, thank you for the kind words, and hopefully you'll see more content like this down the road.

-Kevin Troyanos

Grid University

Edited by optsyn