George Parks

Wow.... just wow..... 57 yet.....

Memories of late 70s competing against the Buccs and seeing him at a early 80s band show when UMass performed.....

Will be missed is an understatement..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While teaching band at Jamestown HS (NY) we sent our three drum majors to his academy and they came back so enthusiastic! I didn't realize that he was only 57. RIP George!

WOW...I just checked my Facebook page and saw that, I don't believe it! What a nice guy he was!

WOW...I just checked my Facebook page and saw that, I don't believe it! What a nice guy he was!

Shocking. I marched many a show against the Bucs and George and my jaw used to drop watching him perform. He was so full of life and had the energy of 10, this is incredible. What a loss.

It was always an honor performing under his direction. I still remember the 1983 finals in Allentown when the PA system went out just before we were introduced...He turned around...faced the stands and yelled to the crowd who we were. I still have a video of that. He always seemd so proud of his corps, and that moment was just the hype we needed to do the best performance of our season...A moment I will always remember...

Cincinnati Tradition Drum and Bugle Corps sends its Deepest Condolences to the Parks and Buccaneers families on this terrible loss.

He was a great man and will be missed by all.

Wow, this certainly is a stunner. I can still see him in the Bucs' 1980 show. Unforgettable.

that is exactly what I was just thinking Glen,............that high toss/grand pause,............is one of the finest moments of drum corps history, and will never be replicated,..................RIP George

wow. I have 3 distinct memories of George.

87, in the rain, one handed, nailing every toss.

2000, at the WCU show and his pep talk to the Bucs. I truly think it lit the fire we needed for the stretch run.

and in 2005, before the Bucs began the victory run, when he saluted his student, and the man who brought home a title on the box for the first time since George stepped down, Josh Decker. and Josh saluted back.

RIP to the Bucs family, the Parks family, WCU famliy, UMASS family, and all of those touched by George. A competitor and tough one at that, but always a gentleman and class act. George, you will be missed and never replaced. RIP