George Parks

I am SO sad to hear of this news. I did not know George too well, although on many occasions I remember him coming up to me, with Heidi right along side of him, congratulating the Caballeros on a job well done at a couple of rehearsals during many finals weekends in the late 90's. A fierce competitor, a gentleman, and a class act in so many ways. So sorry for your loss.....to say he will be missed is an absolute understatement. My thoughts and prayers are with you George, and your ENTIRE family!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George was one of the classiest people I have ever known. A true gentleman and a fierce competitor - but never at the expense of his competition. Marching under him was truly special..... he could pull more emotion and fire out of the people under his direction than they ever knew they had in them!

The last time I saw George was at the Buc's home show a couple of years ago when he directed the alumni corps. When the drum majors came on for retreat, George marched with them and he stood taller, marched better and had an 'air' about him that all of the other DM's could only wish to have.

I am proud to have known George and marched under his direction.

Edited by ajedrummer

"RIP Mr Parks":

When George gets to those "Perly Gates" I am SURE that St Peter is goiong to demand a demonstration of that INCREDIBLE "Mace Toss".

I just KNOW he'll "Nail It".

RIP. :angel1:

Elphaba

wow... just wow... George was one of a kind and again enjoyed Bucs performance at DCA Championships this year... George had a deep admiration for Alan Smythe and I think that association maintained our friendship over these many years. I alwasys looked forward to his smile and the fond memories of his performances...

He was THE BEST major ever - anywhere... He may have been THE BEST marching band director - anywhere... and certainly was one of the nicest human beings you could ever ask to meet.

It was with shock and disbelief that I first learned of George's passing, and now there's a sense of loss and emptiness since I'll no longer see or talk to him. This is the second loss of an old friend in a week.

Wherever George went, he made it better. I shall miss him.......

::::hand salute:::::two

This is incredibly sad news. Rest in peace George Parks.

From the Caballero Family to George's Family and the Buc family our deepest sympathy... He was a fierce competitor in and a great friend to the marching activity. He will be missed...