Who is REALLY boycotting DCI?

BX5CM

Maybe the point here is that while disgruntled with the activity as a whole, it is our favorite corps that bring us back, not the governing body. (Or, more specifically, the HISTORY of our favorite corps that keeps us coming back.)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the point here is that while disgruntled with the activity as a whole, it is our favorite corps that bring us back, not the governing body. (Or, more specifically, the HISTORY of our favorite corps that keeps us coming back.)

I think that's a good attitude :angel1:

Seriously, guys. If you marched a corps and it still exists and you haven't done anything to support it, you're the people to blame for letting DCI reach a point you're no longer satisfied with.

What utter nonsense. an alum could have spent the last three decades donating time and money and never have had any effect on the direction of show design. Indeed, many alums have donated regularly over the years and don't care for what appears on the field now. I don't blame anybody for walking away when they quit enjoying what appears on the field, for they have no obligation to continue to put time and money into anything that doesn't provide them with enjoyment.

####hole.

That is all.

I just realized I didn't add to the topic. My bad.

I'm sure there will be more people who will boycott DCI after woodwinds or whatever else will be added, but not nearly as many who say they will on these forums. Besides, if they are on the forums at all, they really aren't boycotting.

Being on a drum corps forum doesn't mean you're not boycotting DCI. There are quite a few people on here who enjoy the historical forums and/or actively participate in DCA. There is no magical WALL between the forum sections. If those people want to chime in on what disturbs them about DCI ... good for them. Without balance to the arguments on here, there's no real point of having a forum.

All it takes for me is the vision in my head of watching MCBA finals at Ford Field and then imagining the announcer screaming, "THE BLUE DEVILS!" .......... and that does it for me. I can say without question that if woodwinds were ever passed, it would be the very last second that ever support DCI in any way, shape or form.

Will I be on hear yelling about it? Of course, because I do care about drum corps and would be highly peeved that the morons in charge would ever let the activity be degraded to the point of being mere marching bands. It's stupifying to the 1000th degree. Those who support it are either A) too young to know the difference or B) drank too much kool-aid.

I just realized I didn't add to the topic. My bad.

I'm sure there will be more people who will boycott DCI after woodwinds or whatever else will be added, but not nearly as many who say they will on these forums. Besides, if they are on the forums at all, they really aren't boycotting.

What definition of "boycott" are we working with here? It's certainly not the one found in any dictionary.

What definition of "boycott" are we working with here? It's certainly not the one found in any dictionary.

I was using the one the OP stated. Maybe I misread it. Mine involves completely dropping all things drum corps, but that's just mine. It's fine.

Being on a drum corps forum doesn't mean you're not boycotting DCI. There are quite a few people on here who enjoy the historical forums and/or actively participate in DCA. There is no magical WALL between the forum sections. If those people want to chime in on what disturbs them about DCI ... good for them. Without balance to the arguments on here, there's no real point of having a forum.

All it takes for me is the vision in my head of watching MCBA finals at Ford Field and then imagining the announcer screaming, "THE BLUE DEVILS!" .......... and that does it for me. I can say without question that if woodwinds were ever passed, it would be the very last second that ever support DCI in any way, shape or form.

Will I be on hear yelling about it? Of course, because I do care about drum corps and would be highly peeved that the morons in charge would ever let the activity be degraded to the point of being mere marching bands. It's stupifying to the 1000th degree. Those who support it are either A) too young to know the difference or B) drank too much kool-aid.

or C) don't agree with you :angel1:

Edited by WOOHOO

Seriously, guys. If you marched a corps and it still exists and you haven't done anything to support it, you're the people to blame for letting DCI reach a point you're no longer satisfied with.

NOT THIS!!!!! :angel1::tongue:

By not supporting my corps, I've made a statement that I don't care for what they're doing with my beloved organization. I have ZERO blame for the direction DCI has taken nor the point they've reached by their own doing. I HAVE turned my support to corps that I believe are holding true (or as true as possible) to the standards and traditions that DCI has stood for in the past and hope they continue along that path in such a manner that would invoke change in the future .... restoring DCI to an activity that is widely supported by those who have stopped supporting or are in threat of doing so in the near future.

Those who make claims such as yourself, have their heads in the sand and are no different than the loudest barking dogs ........ the G7 corps directors. Thinking like this is delusional at best.