What the fans want...2011

I want better (and louder!) tuba sound from more corps. Bluecoats and Crown have that figured out. Madison tried. Blue Stars are pretty awesome. Boston can hold it down.

But seriously. If there were more tuba lines like Bloo and Crown... The world would be a better place.

More tuba -- less thunderous goo. I'm all for that.

I liked this when you first posted it and have gained more and more appreciation as variations upon this theme have been added to the thread.

It's a brilliant insight, and I wonder if the worst offending arrangers would be able to see themselves in these examples.

And even if they could/would admit to the parallel, do you think they care at all?

"New" is not an inherently positive thing. A "new" dirty bomb in your neighborhood -- not good. A "new" computer virus -- not good. While you may be able appreciate the cleverness of the designers of the virus (or nasty nuke) , it does not lead to a new appreciation of their work. And while more clever software might be a good thing in some venues (how 'bout a version of Itunes that doesn't suck?) the clever software that crashes your airliner because the iced up sensors are reporting faulty data -- maybe that's not such a good thing. It's all about appropriateness to the situation at hand.

But you can indeed hear them from the seats.

sometimes. in a dome with tons of thunderous goo, you probably wont unless you mic em up or have 80 of em

- Brass limited to bell-front bugles in the key of G

- No electronic or otherwise non-acoustic sounds

- Musically focused show designs

- Judging split of 65% musical, 35% visual

- Appropriate guard uniforms

- Everything else roughly the same

:smile::thumbup: :thumbup:

+1

I would like to see the powers that be in DCI, to go after all the legacy fans that they have lost over the years. Thats what I would like to see in 2011, all those butts back in the stands. Just like it used to be. They are out there, go get them back.

Since corps have gone "fashion forward," & since the military look is back in fashion why don't some of the corps go back for military feeling uni's next year?

P.S. Thank you Cadets for staying true to your look. <3

I would like to see the powers that be in DCI, to go after all the legacy fans that they have lost over the years. Thats what I would like to see in 2011, all those butts back in the stands. Just like it used to be. They are out there, go get them back.

Amen brother!!!

+1

What was that thing that John F. Kennedy said? "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"?

I wish more people took this attitude towards DCI.

Edited by WOOHOO