What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

I don't want anything that I've already seen or heard on the field.

If I want to look at a collection of old things, the Goodwill shop is just a few miles away. :thumbup:

Absolutely true. There are not...and never will be....the hundreds of competitive corps that existed in the past. So...DCI has to look at a new model of attracting fans and future members. This ends up being then renewable resource of scholastic band members. They HAVE to target this group to survive, IMO.

you do realize the odds of success with this approach have proven to be...uh...not good? as you keep chasing away long time fans, there aren't enough coming in to replace them. I mean if DCi wants to keep jacking prices to make up for lost income, fine, but then you do risk losing the kids who can't afford those prices.

I'm sure they WANT all of the fans they can. My comments are about the future success and continuation of DCI as a viable entity. Legacy fans are going to be a continuously shrinking pool, for reasons noted by many, inc you.

there is a whole segment out there of former memmbers they've already lost that arent even my age. Shame, that's the group to help weather the storm like my era did in the 90's.

Care to elaborate?

A friend looked at my computer screen while I had your post up and he had this puzzled reaction, then he looked around at me and I had this "I warned you" kinda expression on my face. :thumbup:

i get out too much. same reaction in my section

Sounds like you have section selection issues!

I did.. the problem is he put them on an equal level. Creativity isnt the goal of the business. Drum corps is in the business of entertainment, where creativity can be a tool. The goal of the business is to attract and retain fans through entertainment. Creativity may in some or even many cases be a method of getting there.. but creativity for creativity's sake, disregarding the ultimate goal of pleasing the fans, misses the mark.

They are on an equal level in my eyes, I guess not yours. Neither one of us are wrong.

Sounds like you have section selection issues!

Not really - sounds more like the majority of the crowd had the same WTF? look on their faces after the Devils finished. :smile: I can totally understand that feeling. When I saw them in Houston I thought the show had no real purpose but I was sure they performed it well... Then again I always enjoy every corps when I get to see them perform live.

Not really - sounds more like the majority of the crowd had the same WTF? look on their faces after the Devils finished. :smile: I can totally understand that feeling. When I saw them in Houston I thought the show had no real purpose but I was sure they performed it well... Then again I always enjoy every corps when I get to see them perform live.

I think this statement is a good example of old confirmation bias and find all information to confirm an opinion you have already formed about the show.

I think this statement is a good example of old confirmation bias and find all information to confirm an opinion you have already formed about the show.

No this statement is simply me saying I didn't get the show, but acknowledging that they performed it well. I hated it until I saw it live, liked it better when I saw it live but still thought it was lacking.