What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

the usuals

I'll be honest, posts like yours upward in the thread come off more as trolling than anything.

I don't want to NOT attend a show again this year. I haven't NOT seen a show since 2003 until last year. Pained me deeply, especially to mis Mad World. :smile:

I think he liked his Kool Aid just the way it was, please don't mix any reality in it :smile:

He was talking about competitive marching bands, which are giving many kids their marching fix.

How many people here remember when such bands were referred to as "corps style"? Well, "corps style" won the battle, but some would say lost the war. Bands overwhelmingly became "corps style" and the differentiation between bands and corps became muted. Countless thousands of kids are getting a corps-like experience (complete with camps, travel, competition and instructors who were trained in corps) without venturing beyond the auspices of their own schools.

1) They get older and 2) the available pool of corps shrinks decade by decade. There are just fewer corps vets to draw from as time goes on.

1. All fans get older.

2. The available pool of corps will not continue to shrink if DCI follows their current business plan. They intend to foster growth in number of corps, as well as growth in number of members per corps.

trained seals that are fully frontally nude

... but assless chaps are fine.

i'll be honest, no vampire shows, please.

Circuit City, a new drum corps sponsored by HBO and Sony, and replete with every electronic device known to man, including 50 large screen 60" LED HDTVs lining the front sideline (guard screens) offering streaming commercials for continued financial health and scenic displays, are proud to announce their 2K11 program, "TRUE BLOOD".

"We are excited about this endeavor. Sony has contracted to bring 20% of all their employees to regionals and all employees to Championships to cheer on their 250 kids" says Circuit City CEO, Lon Drac.

When asked about the 150 competing member limit Mr Drac explained, "Our show is designed to accommodate all eventualities. As an example, our guard has 100 highly trained members. By simply removing every other person for a particular performance, we would only need to reduce 50 more from elsewhere for any limiting performance. We may not always do this."

And no, I do not want to see this either, but "you never know."

It certainly would be loud if only the TVs were gone.

:smile:

Edited by Mellofello01