What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

Hey, it appears to me that FSUBONE is the only person here interested in being human about this and trying to work with his drum corps family, and peers to make peace after what I could easily call, the summer of hatred... Some person interested in stats should go thru the boards and see the number of positive (BD) drum corps embracing posts vs the hate filled "even though you guys are winning I know better" posts... I bet it would be more than eye opening... I guarantee that NO " I find BD boring and cluttered and ugly musically" post comes on the heels of a BD is the greatest thing since sliced bread post... So if it keeps coming up over and over then expect someone who does not share your opinion to call you out on your unsolicited comment. Yes I do honk for BD proudly... But... I love your corps too (almost) as much as mine! I will not bash your corps even if they really do bore me. I hope for the same from you... I found one guy who is tired of the rhetoric... Maybe there is another out there as well! Heres hoping...

Oh and Garfield... "I am a honk, not a hater" lol

light enough fer ya? :thumbup:

Unfortunately Tony, as long as there are drum corps shows for drum corps fans to watch, there will always be some degree of "hatred" every summer. Very few corps are immune to it. The silver lining to this, IMO, is that we have folks out there who ARE passionate about this activity, even if they may not express their dislike of a particular corps or show in the most respectful way a lot of the time. For the most part, the DCP community is generally pretty even-keel (at least compared to say, political forums). We are all here because we love this activity, even though we all will always disagree on what's good/entertaining.

I for one would rather deal with the anger and vitriol every summer than be a part of a "fan" base that is totally apathetic towards the activity.

That said, I will be making a concerted effort next year to make my criticisms of any corps as constructive as possible.

Much love,

A BD "hater" :laughing:

yeah that was it. I was being petty :laughing:

please dude, if i wanted to be an ###, I could do it, and do it well. I respect the kids talents and abilities. I disliked the show. that's not petty, thatis a sentiment shared by many, especially in section 138 in Indy

and if you want a negative post count, you go back in time. Cavies 02 and Cadets 05-08 will blow away you're hurt feelings about my thoughts on BD.

Can you say overinflated image of self?

And as I said before... Go ahead and run with it Jeff... Maybe you can make up for all the hate your corps got a few years back! And that should make YOU FEEL BETTER!!!

Can you say overinflated image of self?

And as I said before... Go ahead and run with it Jeff... Maybe you can make up for all the hate your corps got a few years back! And that should make YOU FEEL BETTER!!!

With Syrup... :laughing: