What The Fans Don't Want in 2011

SFZFAN

Actually you would be pleased with any music on a "loop", that way when you hear it the first time...and struggle to process it...you'll have a bunch more chances!! :thumbup:

your attempts at humor fail to insult me enough Plan, all :thumbup: aside. I'll be quite happy with my musical knowledge, and gee, i'm not alone ( nor is Brasso) in complaining about musical arrangements around drum corps, so that kills your other snide comments too ( again all :thumbup: aside)

Actually you would be pleased with any music on a "loop", that way when you hear it the first time...and struggle to process it...you'll have a bunch more chances!! :thumbup:

C'mon, if you can't enjoy something on the first viewing, it has no worth. Everyone knows that :thumbup:

C'mon, if you can't enjoy something on the first viewing, it has no worth. Everyone knows that :thumbup:

that can be true. look at the tv world...one bad first show, and within weeks, shows get yanked off the air for a lack of viewers. not always, but sometimes you only get one chance to impress

that can be true. look at the tv world...one bad first show, and within weeks, shows get yanked off the air for a lack of viewers. not always, but sometimes you only get one chance to impress

That is not an indication of worth, just popularity.

That is not an indication of worth, just popularity.

and DCI needs more popularity in order to survive. if you read the words of the DCi directors the other week, they have plenty of worth, but that doesnt seem to be paying the bills now does it?

not every fan has a chance to see the corps in August. Not every fan wants or can afford the Fan Network. So sometimes, all you have is one chance.

and DCI needs more popularity in order to survive. if you read the words of the DCi directors the other week, they have plenty of worth, but that doesnt seem to be paying the bills now does it?

not every fan has a chance to see the corps in August. Not every fan wants or can afford the Fan Network. So sometimes, all you have is one chance.

Ok, that's not what I was talking about though. I was talking about the product on the field.

And, for those fans, creative staffs should not exclusively cater to first time viewers. It has to be both first and many time viewers. Whether you think shows of today are successful to first time viewers is your opinion, but simply that. I've taken people to see DCI shows for the first time this year and had a blast. I'm sure there were first time viewers who had other impressions. Of course, we are gonna find the first time viewers who most conveniently fit our preconception of the entertainment value of today's DCI shows and assume it has some universal impact on the opinions of all first time viewers. Certainly not the most productive attitude to take for sure.

Edited by WOOHOO

OMG! My totally important thread has gone awry! :thumbup:

And sometimes when a show isn't "worth" watching a second time it loses popularity.

So, yeah, in this business popularity = worth.