Cavaliers vs Blue Devils

So, am i safe to say that these two corps are the corps to beat?

Blue Devils and Cavaliers seem to be the top two corps as far as consistancy in the activity.

Even though they may not necessarily have the best shows all the time, but they have a much bigger talent pool than most other corps.

What are your thoughts on that?

• Like 1

So, am i safe to say that these two corps are the corps to beat?

Blue Devils and Cavaliers seem to be the top two corps as far as consistancy in the activity.

Even though they may not necessarily have the best shows all the time, but they have a much bigger talent pool than most other corps.

What are your thoughts on that?

I would at least include Cadets, even SCV, as far as talent pool goes. The issue to me at the top echelon is not talent, but rather design and staff.

I have seen many, many people rejected from BD and after auditions ended up seeing them marching in another local WC corps...

I'd definitely include The Cadets in getting the best of the best auditioning for them- and has been stated, more design staff and the product that's created the successes for the corps- really, for years I've felt the Cadets design and conceptual people with a couple of exceptions have been given the parts to build an AMG Mercedes Black Edition (the kids!) and come out of the garage with a Yugo (design staff!)

Also guessing Crown might be pulling in better kids too as of late with their recent finishes. Success draws everyone to you.

I'd definitely include The Cadets in getting the best of the best auditioning for them- and has been stated, more design staff and the product that's created the successes for the corps- really, for years I've felt the Cadets design and conceptual people with a couple of exceptions have been given the parts to build an AMG Mercedes Black Edition (the kids!) and come out of the garage with a Yugo (design staff!)

Also guessing Crown might be pulling in better kids too as of late with their recent finishes. Success draws everyone to you.

Yeah.. if i had to guess..

BD-Cavies

slightly below them- Crown\Cadets

SCV\Bluecoats\PR

But agreed, design plays a big role

Talent + consistent quality staff + good program design = Hard corps to beat

In this case, Blue Devils match the list. I will throw in Cavaliers, Cadets, and most recently, Crown.

I would put up Bluecoats because they broke the top 3, but I want to wait a couple years. As long as they stay consistently solid, they will be another corps to beat. And I'm still waiting for them to win the Fred Sanford Award.

Talent + consistent quality staff + good program design = Hard corps to beat

In this case, Blue Devils match the list. I will throw in Cavaliers, Cadets, and most recently, Crown.

I would put up Bluecoats because they broke the top 3, but I want to wait a couple years. As long as they stay consistently solid, they will be another corps to beat. And I'm still waiting for them to win the Fred Sanford Award.

And the Ott, for that matter. Their hornline has been extremely close to it (I thought they should have won it in 2007), but I agree that about 4 more years of this consistently high product and they'll be a force.

Cadets get talent, but not individual talent at the level say BD does. what the Cadets excel at is getting that talent to go above and beyond what they thought possible, and buying into the team concept.

some of their championship corps were not the most per person talented in DCI. But they were the smartest, hardest working corps out there.

and yes, design and staff helps a lot. if you look at BD's run, many of those guys have been working together for 15 years as a team. that helps a lot