Cavaliers vs Blue Devils

Right now, there is only one Corps....The Blue Devils.

When your Corps has won back to back DCI championships, and have won 51 straight competitions, they are the clear top dog right now until some other Corps knocks them off in competition.

The Blue Devils are in a position to compete for the most consecutive DCI wins in a row ever. This puts them in the rarified air of DCI where they are competing for history making. So in my view, they are in a class all by themselves right now.... until they are beaten by some Corps. Since the shocking upset by less than half a tenth of a point at Finals in 2008, the Blue Devils are 51-0. That puts them in a class all by themselves right now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

And the Ott, for that matter. Their hornline has been extremely close to it (I thought they should have won it in 2007), but I agree that about 4 more years of this consistently high product and they'll be a force.

Good point. They're close to kicking the door in for a caption award in both brass and percussion.

BD has the advantage because they have chicks. Don't mind me - I'm just being silly. :smile:

Yes, I know plenty of people that have tried out and Blue Devils and Crown, got cut and made Cadets.

Interesting- then the question, was it because they weren't 'as good', or was it that those individuals just didn't fit their scheme/approach, sound/zen as well as someone perhaps a tad less or as equally talented but was just a 'better fit' with that corps and how they did things? I'm just curious- I'd think that'd also had somehting to do with it.

I know there's been a lot of conversations on that topic- is it more the raw talent, or the 'better fit' with that corps? My guess is that each of the three corps you mentioned are looking for talent- but also someone who will best fit their needs and style? These are things I'm just curious about as to what's going on with the thought processes of the decision makers. I have no opinion or answer as to what's 'right' or 'wrong' but it's always a good thing to study those who have been successful to learn and see how they do things.

LOL... No it is because of the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll that they win... It has nothing to do with being better consistantly! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok so the corps that wins is always the best. No contest. Those 15 judges are omnipotent and always completely correct....

Ok so the corps that wins is always the best. No contest. Those 15 judges are omnipotent and always completely correct....

Unless one believes that ALL the DCI judges have been " haters " of all the other DCI Corps for over 2 years now.... 51 straight contests and counting.... then " yes", the Blue Devils are in a class all by themseves right now.

Edited by BRASSO

Right now, there is only one Corps....The Blue Devils.

When your Corps has won back to back DCI championships, and have won 51 straight competitions, they are the clear top dog right now until some other Corps knocks them off in competition.

The Blue Devils are in a position to compete for the most consecutive DCI wins in a row ever. This puts them in the rarified air of DCI where they are competing for history making. So in my view, they are in a class all by themselves right now.... until they are beaten by some Corps. Since the shocking upset by less than half a tenth of a point at Finals in 2008, the Blue Devils are 51-0. That puts them in a class all by themselves right now, imo.

i see what you're saying, but i the only corps i think that can end their winning streak right now is the cavaliers. Semifinals was the closest anyone has been to them in awhile i think (correct me if im wrong)

Besides, Blue Devils corp ages out in 2011, so i can see them losing within the next couple years.

• Like 1

i see what you're saying, but i the only corps i think that can end their winning streak right now is the cavaliers. Semifinals was the closest anyone has been to them in awhile i think (correct me if im wrong)

Besides, Blue Devils corp ages out in 2011, so i can see them losing within the next couple years.

So you can see them losing WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS..... but you still claim they aren't the best in the activity right now. Give me a freaking break. No one has been even in the same ball park as BD since 2007.

So you can see them losing WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS..... but you still claim they aren't the best in the activity right now. Give me a freaking break. No one has been even in the same ball park as BD since 2007.

i never said they werent the best, i stated that them and cavaliers have somewhat equal talent level.

And as i recall, BD lost to cavaliers and phantom in 08.

• Like 1

i never said they werent the best, i stated that them and cavaliers have somewhat equal talent level.

And as i recall, BD lost to cavaliers and phantom in 08.

Since the end of 2006, the Blue Devils are 41-2 vs. The Cavaliers.... and 45-1 vs. Phantom Regiment.

The numbers don't lie... and such a record can not be so easily dismissed when comparing Corps, imo. The Blue Devils are playing competitive chess right now while all the other Corps are playing checkers. They are in their own separate tier these last couple of years, and right now are competing for history making in consecutive DCI wins.

Edited by BRASSO