"Go Aaron!"

92 Cavies- "92 WORLD CHAMPIOOONS!!!"

During Star of Indiana, someone yells, "92 Champions!"

At the beginning of the Cavaliers' second tune, someone else yells, "92 Champions!" and the original voice yells, "F*** you!"

1990 Cavaliers, beginning of second piece "Images", when the crowd is quiet, a fan yells "GO AARON!" so loud and clear that when I listen to the show I now expect that yell as part of the show.

Then the iconic "Gah-FIIEELLD!" at the beginning of the '84 show.

What other fan "interruptions" were burned on your brain as much as they are burned on the audio?

Edited by wayold

Fan yells should not be "iconic" , nor part of the show.

I can't count the number of times PR's "so-called" fans have ruined beautiful moments the regiment worked long hours to achieve .

Those moments were ruined by selfish ego-centric loud-mouths.

These yellers are not FANS of drum corps...only fans of themselves.

Not just PR, but any corps' "special moments".

Why don't fans let the performers perform?

If it was something like "CRYYYYSSSTTTAAALLLL!!" or "SPANK ME" I would agree.....but it was ALSO Regiment fans that made "I AM SPARTACUS" so memorable and wonderful in 08.

I'd MUCH rather hear "BEEF" (96 Cadets), "HUH" (83 BD), and of course "VANGUARD" than have a stadium full of people sit on their hands....this isn't a concert hall.

• Like 3

If it was something like "CRYYYYSSSTTTAAALLLL!!" or "SPANK ME" I would agree.....but it was ALSO Regiment fans that made "I AM SPARTACUS" so memorable and wonderful in 08.

I'd MUCH rather hear "BEEF" (96 Cadets), "HUH" (83 BD), and of course "VANGUARD" than have a stadium full of people sit on their hands....this isn't a concert hall.

I think the examples you provide show the difference is one type of fan yell, i.e. to the whole corps, is better than the other type of fan yell, i.e. from one fan to ONE marching member.

I'd agree, because "BEEF" and "HUH" and "VANGUARD" are all done at times when they don't disrupt the programming of the show.

A random "CRYYYSSSSTTTTAAALLL!" usually comes during the quietest part of a ballad (or other) when it steals the moment from other fans.

• 2 months later...

78 Blue Devils - "Art West, you pervert!!!" (right before his solo at the start of Spanish Fantasy)

You beat me to that one... it is one of the funniest things I've picked up on the CDs (and I don't know Art).

Sounds like a bunch of girls yelling... would enjoy hearing the story on this one.

1987 Cadets.... the fire truck/ambulance siren loud in the background

... and they arranged for the Fire Department to have some truck just outside the corps lot at UW Camp Randal Stadium to blow sirens and lights and the end of their 2002 show "An American Revival".

I cannot believe these have not been mentioned :rolleyes: ...

SCV "Go Jones" - Ralph Hardimon (many years starting around 1981 and usually, when they existed, before the drum break)

Freelancers 1983 - during the setup for the push in the closer of Even Now closer staffer yelling "We've got something you're really gonna like" followed by, right before the push, "here it is".

Suncoast Sound 1985 "Take 'em to the beach Suncoast"

'93 Star...it's very very audible..and was it ever so Fitting right at that moment.

"Finish it!", '93 just before the dance section in Medea, a few min before the end of the show.

The voice is very recognizable to anyone that knows him: Barry Hudson, who was on brass staff with Star since he aged out, had been soprano soloist in 87/88.

This summer, in Lucas Oil, playing Medea with Star Alumni, we could hear a variety of people in the stands yelling "Finish it!" at exactly the same place in the music. Very cool!

In Rochester this year, Star United mini-corps also played Medea. During the encore run, outside at the loading dock, "Finish it!".

Since "Splooie", "Suta" and the like have been mentioned.

How about "BYBO"?