bridgemen 85/87

TRUTH Ray!

Seconded.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's face it. we did suck in 85/87. but I'm still very glad I marched. Great group of people to be around during a very trying time...

not sure of any videos out there since we did not make it into any finals. But you can finds pics and a few audio clips on the corps website plus the website of the corps current photographer.

http://www.bridgemen.com

http://bridgemen.smugmug.com

Drack 74 & 75 sucked also but we got thru it and I am glad we did. 76 was the most rewarding season for me showing that those 2 years were not in Vain. I only wish you guys and gals hard work turned out the same way. You tried to keep the dream alive and for that I thank You.

I have our 1987 DCI Prelims performance on VHS (only filmed from hi-camera). I also have a copy of a tape my friend's parents made of us at TOS II in 1987, before we cut out the "What I Did For Love" part of the Opener. One of these days I need to convert them to digital. I also have a few brass judges' tapes from 1987 in my closet somewhere.

What I am really looking for is the audio recording of our show music that we made March 1988, two weeks before the junior corps folded. It was the only recording ever made of the 1988 Bridgemen. I almost got a copy of it, but had to wait until after the staff meeting to make a copy of it. I got impatient and said that I'll just copy it at the next camp. Two weeks later the corps folded. I've been kicking myself for my impatience ever since.

Would love to get ahold of that let me know

Drack 74 & 75 sucked also but we got thru it and I am glad we did. 76 was the most rewarding season for me showing that those 2 years were not in Vain. I only wish you guys and gals hard work turned out the same way. You tried to keep the dream alive and for that I thank You.

The dream still lives...Bridgemen Alumni are a live and well with the main objective to bring those days back.

The dream still lives...Bridgemen Alumni are a live and well with the main objective to bring those days back.

Yes, Dom! The magic has been back in Bayonne, since 2005!

Many thanks to all those who made the dream into a reality for the last five years, and to all those who continue to make the magic happen, once again!

As for the 85/87, and 74/75 Bridgemen, I echo the sentiment of Ray and the others in this thread...

You guys helped to create the legacy of the Bridgemen, at a time when the odds were against you.

Thank you for taking up the challenge, and for keeping the dream alive!

HYPE!!!

Dom what he's saying doesn't apply to the alumni corps. Those kids from '87 didn't have an '88 not in any way, and not in an OMG we went from there to HERE way the way the kids from '75 had followed by '76. I see that as what Leo was saying. The dream the alumni corps is living is different. By its very nature. We're not kids anymore. We couldn't and wouldn't live on floors for weeks on end dealing with the inherent problems of tour and love every moment of it just because we were out on tour. :laughing: We're old and jaded now. We have incredible levels of responsibility in our day to day lives. I see it as two different beasts. Those days will always be different from today. It's not a bad thing. It just is a basic fact IMO. What you guys are continuing to do is awesome. Have a wonderful season next year. :tongue:

What Leo said. :laughing:

And, not for nothin' ... In '75 we did suck, no 'bout adoubt it. As Pat Forker once said, we didn't go to Nationals that year because the announcer would have said, "Judges, are you ready? Bridgemen ... ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

We got beaten by St. Ignatius Girl's (twice) that season, and had a camp weekend before Wildwood, where the Muchachos showed up with half a corps, and we still lost to them by 35 points.

It was humbling. We hung tough, had the means to survive, and '76 was a different story. And, yeah, having been there in '75 made what came later all the more rewarding.

We had one big advantage that the 85/87 corps didn't have ... Lack of significant debt. Were not for that, things might have turned out differently in '88.

Edited by DCIHasBeen