some names from the past ; NJ instructors and judges

George Lopez was my drum instructor in 68 and 69. A great guy!

George judged on a regular basis in the GNYC in the early 60's ... all this while he was marching in the Cabs and teaching the Amboy Dukes ... quite a busy guy ...

:-)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right on the money Ray, two of my first DC instructors on your list. Carmine ( Cirlincione ) & Bucky Swan

Tom Swan was my first horn instructor, in the fall of 1967.

John Latko was another St. Vinnie's guy who ended up as longtime director/instructor for the Sacred Heart Crusaders from Manville, NJ.

The corps broke up after the 1980 season. John passed away in 1989, in his late 40s.

Les Parks, Danny Raymond

Bob Craig

Walter Kelley taught drill and Tony Cantaneo taught Brass for Dukes when I marched with them. Tom Swan was with Black Watch my last two years.

Tom Swan was my first horn instructor, in the fall of 1967.

... and when one mentions Swan as their first instructor, the next name out of their mouth is Gus Wilke who taught many, many Jr. Corps kids how to hold and play a horn ... including that entire triple-tounging St. Andrew's Bridgemen sop line ...

... and when one mentions Swan as their first instructor, the next name out of their mouth is Gus Wilke who taught many, many Jr. Corps kids how to hold and play a horn ... including that entire triple-tounging St. Andrew's Bridgemen sop line ...

I hear ya, Andy. I never had the pleasure of being taught by Gus.... but between him and Tom, a whole bunch of young folks learned how to play a brass instrument.