What Singer, Arranger, Musician, Composer Was.....

Vaclav Nelhybel

Interesting you bring him up. Maybe in the band field, where I've heard "Trittico", "Estampie" and "Festivo" on the field with HS bands, but the only real instance I can think of him being used was the Cadets and "Symphonic Movement", which was sadly stomped all over by the onerous and utterly irritating narraration that made me want to scream and pull my hair out in clumps while that number was being played....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a composer but Broadway.

Everything from Streisand, The Wiz, Chorus Line etc etc

Edited by DPEmerald

Interesting you bring him up. Maybe in the band field, where I've heard "Trittico", "Estampie" and "Festivo" on the field with HS bands, but the only real instance I can think of him being used was the Cadets and "Symphonic Movement", which was sadly stomped all over by the onerous and utterly irritating narraration that made me want to scream and pull my hair out in clumps while that number was being played....

We played trittico in 84. But he's much better represented in band shows, you're right.

"Arranger, Composer, Etc":

JOHN PHILLIP SOUSA. Yeah: You read it right. In the "Early Days" of the activity (1950's-1960's) JPS numbers were quite common, "National Emblem March" being a "Signature Number" of Blessed Sacrament, and "Stars & Stripes" the "Color Presentation & "Off the Line" of St Kevins Emerald Knights. :thumbup:

"Stars & Stripes Forever" is a mainstay of the USMC drum corps, often used as a "Closer" or "Encore" number. :laughing:

Elphaba

"National Emblem" was written by E.E. Bagley.

• 2 weeks later...

I taught a Garden State Circuit corps, the Monarchs, from Wayne NJ. Back in 76 we did a concert march by Nelyhbel, "High Plains"