Drum Corps relaxation & focus techniques

So my trumpet section at my HS has been getting overly stressed, and it's now getting negative and people are yelling at each other and what have ye. It's getting to swamp me and the other two section leaders to where we've had atleast one of us snap once a week. Not that we're wimps or anything, but just take my word for it that it's very physical and all that. I'm not gonna go into debate here, but Andy Tye (our drill writer) has said some our stuff is the best he's ever had put down on the field etc.

So back to my original question. What were any techniques or things you did that relaxed nerves or especially got people focused for competitions? Anything goes. The three of us were picked as sec ldrs cause we were the best leaders, but things are getting away from us kinda fast, so anything you did back in the day or 3 months ago would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is vague, got home from practice.

Thanks

(no attacks please)(we want to handle this soley in our section, no outside help)

why are people stressed? why are they yelling at each other? because they can't march the drill well? perhaps you should give some positive feedback to the younger members who are struggling. IMO your section should not be talking during rehearsal, and everyone should be worrying about their own stuff. If they aren't talking, they aren't yelling at anyone. The people on the field (the kids) need to work together, not against each other.

you also need to understand that not everyone is in marching band for the same reason. Everyone marches DCI because they want to, so that limits the issues with extended rehearsals and difficulties that you work through together. If you have people in your band that are the "this is BS" type, then there's only so much you can do.

maybe you should have a section movie night or something.

I like the idea of a section movie night, to help you guys hang out in a setting where there's no pressure or tension. That way, when it comes time for marching band, you'll have some more positive and relaxed associations with those people, rather than only seeing them in this stressful setting.

With that said, soccerguy is right: it would help a lot to know more about where the stress is coming from in order to make more detailed suggestions.