Finals attendance from '95 to '07

Well... Don't I fell dumber than usual. I obviously tracked the wrong way. Madison wasn't in the dips. It was amazingly consistent.

That correction nothwithstanding, I stand by my assertion that DCP discussion generally doesn't reflect drum corps reality. I just have one fewer data point on which to rely.

HH

You mean like: "Yeah, you're right. But you're still a knucklehead!"

That kind of capitulation? :tongue:

Man, it really sucks that all we get in the South is Orlando for comparisons sake. :tongue:

Charlotte would be great. no dome and no football team :tongue:

Well... Don't I fell dumber than usual. I obviously tracked the wrong way. Madison wasn't in the dips. It was amazingly consistent.

And I kept looking at it going "What the Hell am I missing" :tongue:

Yeah, real glad I didn't major in Statistics in college....

That correction nothwithstanding, I stand by my assertion that DCP discussion generally doesn't reflect drum corps reality. I just have one fewer data point on which to rely.

HH

My assertation is Drum Corps doesn't reflect reality so we're covered there. :tongue:

it was originally going to be in fed ex - but moved to UofM Byrd Stadium. Traffic issues were the same regardless because traffic sucks around the beltway and the DC area. Also there was considerable difficulty finding housing for corps, and some actually stayed in southern PA. I personally loved having the show at univ of Maryland, but that's because the stadium is like 5 minutes from my house.

Any one know what hotels were like for the fans? Used to go to Northern VA section of the beltway a lot for work and depending on what's going on finding a room for a week or two straight can be bad. Mid to late August in DC area is hitting the end of the vacation time so ---> :tongue:

Southern PA eh? OMG!!!! That's where my current corps is from. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Any one know what hotels were like for the fans? Used to go to Northern VA section of the beltway a lot for work and depending on what's going on finding a room for a week or two straight can be bad. Mid to late August in DC area is hitting the end of the vacation time so ---> :tongue:

I drove down every day. saved a bundle!

Ok well you can guess about it to your hearts content, but these are the numbers we are presented with. I know it's a hard pill for some to swallow considering the popular opinion of shrinking crowds at finals, but until I see evidence to support your claims it's just a conspiracy theory.

What claims? I made no claims. I asked open-ended questions.

Also, since it was at college park people would have been better off staying on the Maryland side and not the VA side. you could probably get a fairly inexpensive hotel in Bowie or Laurel, and then the drive to the stadium wouldn't have been too bad.