Which do you prefer?

Two Phantom of the Opera shows....which one was better?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Santa Clara Vanguard 1988
    • Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

It's nice to be talked about.

Yeah.............................I voted '88 :) For obvious reasons LOL

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, its clearly 89 by a mile. But I guess to each his own.

How strange

88 ... easy choice. Could we merge in the other 88 vs 89 threads so I don't have to post my thoughts for the 20th time :tongue:

Didnt we just do this last month ???LOL

And my choice, by far is 1989...more sophisticated, more passionate and more intense.....Flags in "Masquerade" and "Somehow here again" alone seal the deal....

G

89 was voted by fans as one of the greatest shows of all time, 88 never made the cut.

G

u arent alone

I'm still convinced that is mostly from people who have never seen both.

Even if you think the show design was better in 89 they choked the finals performance. Major execution flaws including flubbing a pass-through drill move by nearly five yards from side to side.

I'm still convinced that is mostly from people who have never seen both.

Even if you think the show design was better in 89 they choked the finals performance. Major execution flaws including flubbing a pass-through drill move by nearly five yards from side to side.

haha... you saw the same thing in the Finals perf. as many of us did.... but they won the Visual Perf. caption anyway and so that's that.

89 was voted by fans as one of the greatest shows of all time, 88 never made the cut.

G

u arent alone

89 had it's moments of great appeal. The intro to the show was straight up great drum corps ... yet I'm still conflicted there because I thought 88's intro/opener set the stage for the entire production better. I guess that right there explains why I feel the way I do in a nutshell. 89 was clearly a "OK, you've already seen this so we're going to add some spice here and there to ... because we know that you know it's a do over."

The drum feature in 89 really bugged me the way it developed. 88 felt like Phantom of the Opera ... 89 felt like "We're ###### Off ... Eat IT!"

To each their own :)