saying goodbye

It was asked in another thread if you could really walk away from drum corps completely. I have thought long and hard about that. I have to say yes. It has been a great ride, but the car I am in now is just not working for me. I think the shows are extremely well done, but very boring, over used keys and amps that make it hard to even hear the corps. I gave the amps a chance their first year and wasn't too fond of them but could live with it. I gave voice a chance and then heard Yowza. One more straw on the camels back. Then came the hornline doubling synths. I just can't enjoy it anymore and find that I won't be attending shows any further, and didn't at all in 2010. With that said I really can't in any sense of honesty come on here and debate the shows or their direction any longer. I will miss drum corps but I am saying goodbye to it. Also want to thank a lot of you for intelligent conversation and spirited debates. It was fun, but now it is over. I only wish you all well.

I know the feeling but I'm not ready to leave the activity altogether. Fortunately for those that have them (or the FAN network) there are videos from other eras (pro or con).

Best wishes in your future.

I enjoyed an activity that featured acoustic unamplified brass and percussion in an outdoor venue. Now, it is electronic everything built for an indoor venue. My drum corps finals trip will only occur every Labor Day Weekend from now on.

THINK OF THE KIDS

I do. I think they could find something better to do than pay piles of money to an activity that only serves to stroke the egos of self important "adults".

Indy 2010 was the first live drum corps show I'd seen in 27 years. We had a ton of fun. We might go to Stanford or DATR next year. I wish you wouldn't say goodbye 'cause we just met :-)

I do. I think they could find something better to do than pay piles of money to an activity that only serves to stroke the egos of self important "adults".

Actually, I pay piles of money to be able to go out every night in front of thousands of people and give them my everything on a field to entertain them and hopefully make some awesome memories for both me and the fans. Thanks

Actually, I pay piles of money to be able to go out every night in front of thousands of people and give them my everything on a field to entertain them and hopefully make some awesome memories for both me and the fans. Thanks

:tongue:

ditto