How much longer...

I dont go the dino insult route. thanks for noticing. have you also not noticed I'm not a fan of #### being plugged in?

I've not insulted you, why the need to insult me?

the experts hear what their staffs want to do. Have you not noticed that over the last 30 years, what DCI innovations if you will come in, they eventually land in DCA too?

I've come to discover that staffs will push for all the toys they can get. They don't always consider the business side of the activity. directors eventually give in...look at Bb brass in DCA. Look at modern color guard. Look at the pit. And I've come to realize, I can throw tantrums on here, stop going, etc, and in the end, it doesn't matter.Eventually it will come to pass.

Just like the changes that happened in your day in drum corps ###### off the folks that came before you. and their changes ###### off those that came before them...and will happen to drum corps folks long after we're gone.

I'm not being an expert or insulting anyone. I'm being realistic.

I really have a hard time digesting this whole change that's happening before our eyes, (and before you start with the "Dinosaur" thing go back to romper room and play,,, Men and Women are trying to talk intelligently here) I find it so hard to believe that the so called "experts" cant hear what's going on,,, They've processed the emotion out of the shows! What's next ?,,, for any quick drill move on the field the pit will insert a "ZAP" or "POP" sound effect like the muscle woman dance competitions on ESPN 2-Venezuela at 4:00 AM? :tongue:

I pitty the Director that makes the first move to plug DCA in.

I'm done now,,,,

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another grat point, and I said this elsehwere recently.

who are pushing the changes? a lot of peolle who marched 20-30 years ago.

so yeah, those "kids" suck don't they?

Well you just lost ANY credibility in my book and I'm going to guess in a bunch of others as well. Telling a 40 year old to go back to romper room?? You most certainly couldn't have been referring to yourself then when you said men and women were trying to talk intelligently. :tongue:

Maybe if you put your hearing aid in and your eye glasses on you would see it's not marching band people as you would so like to blame, but drum corps people working with marching bands, who have brought these changes into both venues....

What? Don't like it when the insults you toss out are directed right back at you?

You are behind the times. It was already made a couple of years ago. Come on ~ if you want to talk trash at least be up on what's going on....

Lest we forget Jeff, a majority of the world OUTSIDE of DCA most likely has never heard of DCA unless they come from families who have been fans or have marched there in the past. about 80% of the people who asked what it was still consider it to be like the movie drumline. The other 20% really don't know unless you bring up names like Blue Devils or ScoJo's lick of the week. A lot of the younger people around my age group see the top ranking DCI corps as "drum corps" and don't really acknowledge lower class DCI corps let alone DCA corps. So it puts DCA corps against the wall in a way to contend in the activity as a whole.

Or so I have witnessed :tongue:

Well you just lost ANY credibility in my book and I'm going to guess in a bunch of others as well. Telling a 40 year old to go back to romper room?? You most certainly couldn't have been referring to yourself then when you said men and women were trying to talk intelligently. :tongue:

Maybe if you put your hearing aid in and your eye glasses on you would see it's not marching band people as you would so like to blame, but drum corps people working with marching bands, who have brought these changes into both venues....

What? Don't like it when the insults you toss out are directed right back at you?

You are behind the times. It was already made a couple of years ago. Come on ~ if you want to talk trash at least be up on what's going on....

BRAVO :tongue: !!!!!!!!

I dont go the dino insult route. thanks for noticing. have you also not noticed I'm not a fan of #### being plugged in?

I've not insulted you, why the need to insult me?

the experts hear what their staffs want to do. Have you not noticed that over the last 30 years, what DCI innovations if you will come in, they eventually land in DCA too?

I've come to discover that staffs will push for all the toys they can get. They don't always consider the business side of the activity. directors eventually give in...look at Bb brass in DCA. Look at modern color guard. Look at the pit. And I've come to realize, I can throw tantrums on here, stop going, etc, and in the end, it doesn't matter.Eventually it will come to pass.

Just like the changes that happened in your day in drum corps ###### off the folks that came before you. and their changes ###### off those that came before them...and will happen to drum corps folks long after we're gone.

I'm not being an expert or insulting anyone. I'm being realistic.

Whoa,,, the shot was NOT intended for you, it was intended to keep others (younger, instant gratification, I want it NOW! people) from coming in and dismissing my comment as coming from a Dinosaur that's all. I happen to agree with many of your opinions. Apology sent, hope you accept.

And as far as LegalEagle50,,, Your comments and "loss of credibility" in "your book" I could care less! Credibility???? What ??? Lots of credibility in the legal profession these days!

Right back at ya!

...till we see electronics in DCA? I am just asking since we have seen so many changes a la DCI (multi key brass). Less than 5? More than 5 but less than 10?

This was the original question and most people responding in this thread agree its probably going to be in the next 5 years or less.

The problem I see with amping the pit is this.

XYZ corps with a strong financial infrastructure goes to the expense of buying a decent to very good sound system and they win with it or score well with it. All of a sudden all of the corps feel the need to keep up with the JONES's. Suddenly everyone is testing the budget and buying crap for amps. Then instead of a couple of really GOOD corps with excellently amped pits you have a whole lot of corps with really poorly amped pits and it starts sounding like a bag of arse.

It will be a dumb move the day DCA votes amplification in for that very reason.

Edited by camel lips

And how many years will it take for the DCA corps to come up with good amps across the full spectrum of all the corps you ask?????????????

Glad you asked.

Not sure about that one.

DCI is still trying to get the bottom feeders up to speed with decent sound systems and they are far from having it up to speed. In the meantime we are going to have to put up with some really bad amplified pits all in the name of keeping up with the Jones's

Then there is the whole logistics of securing facilities and practice areas that can support sound systems.

How many of you have had to play in poorly lit High School Stadiums because it was summer time and the HS campuses were not ready for field lighting conditions yet? Its happened twice to me as a marcher and have seen it several times over my years as a fan. And now you want to add in the logistics of a sound system being parked on the sideline and at the rehearsal sites? How crazy does that sound????

Edited by camel lips

Lest we forget Jeff, a majority of the world OUTSIDE of DCA most likely has never heard of DCA unless they come from families who have been fans or have marched there in the past. about 80% of the people who asked what it was still consider it to be like the movie drumline. The other 20% really don't know unless you bring up names like Blue Devils or ScoJo's lick of the week. A lot of the younger people around my age group see the top ranking DCI corps as "drum corps" and don't really acknowledge lower class DCI corps let alone DCA corps. So it puts DCA corps against the wall in a way to contend in the activity as a whole.

Or so I have witnessed :tongue:

yep. My corps died 9 years ago. kids locally don't know the name, excpt a few who know of the indoor guard started last year. When you say "yeah we won DCA in 96", they may know Bucs, but to them 96 is the year they were born.

Whoa,,, the shot was NOT intended for you, it was intended to keep others (younger, instant gratification, I want it NOW! people) from coming in and dismissing my comment as coming from a Dinosaur that's all. I happen to agree with many of your opinions. Apology sent, hope you accept.

And as far as LegalEagle50,,, Your comments and "loss of credibility" in "your book" I could care less! Credibility???? What ??? Lots of credibility in the legal profession these days!

Right back at ya!

my bad, your comments came across to me and others as I had mistakenly interpreted them.

as for credibility, there's a lack of that in many areas of the world.