Top Posters In This Topic

My all time favorite:

State of the Art.

80 Vanguard

80 Blue Devils

One of my favorites as well!! :smile:

This one for starters...

2046.jpg

It had a 'tick' at the beginning that perfectly meshed with the music; LOVED this album!

Also the 1972 (I think) "Fresh Air Fanfare"

I wore out many more tapes than albums, esp. our "made in the stands" tapes from Finals...

This one...the other record that had Reilly and Cabs...the solo from Stardust.

Also...1974 DCI, Purple Lancers, et. al...Vanguard, Blue Devils first time in finals, Muchachos were unreal, Jeff Kievitt was on fire, Madison Ballet in Brass, God Bless the Child, Brian's Song with Chris Metzger soloing.

Also 1975 Phoenix from DCA.

Runner Up: Brass, Chrome and Gold from Fleetwood. Mid 70s Fleetwood decided to release some old albums that must have been laying around the shop. At least the one I had looked like it had been around a while. Fleetwood ran an ad in DC News and said more was to come. Then they had the fire that wiped out everything. :smile:

Still have the album and problem is it doesn't say when the shows were recorded. Has Cabs, Reilly, Archie and Princemen. Thoughts on each:

Cabs - turned out to be 1960 AL with a great PA system (echo included) announcement: "Next Post number one.. nine... nine... from Ha-thorne New Jersey.... the Cab-a-leros..."

Reilly - so THAT'S what an Irish show was about....

Archie - done at Bucknell probably as you can hear "The Keystoners proudly present...."

Princemen - Holy Crap... the solo work blew me away. Blown away twice when I found out it was done on a piston/SLIDE....

Somebody plays "My Buddy" during I gouess the Color Pre....

:worthy:

Since I didn't get to hear many records when I first got started, I eventually would consider the '72 Fresh Air Fanfare as the record I listened to most..to begin with.. :worthy:

That was the first record I heard with Hawthorne and Sky..and that Skyliner show just had me glued to the stereo. (for you youngins - that was a RECORD PLAYER attached to 2 medium size speakers for volume) :worthy:

I didn't get to hear much DCA stuff while in the Army, so I tried to catch up after I got out. Other than that tape I had from the Racine show - I couldn't find much else to hear..most everybody MY age was listening to the DCI records and stuff..

I need to get going on building my classic oldies collection..When the wife will allow me to spend a few bucks at a time for one of the vintage CD's from DCW or Fleetwood. :smile:

Pat

What I loved about Fleetwood is that you could find and buy them (and cheap) at Sam Goodys and other record stores around NY.

I bought several at the record store in the bus terminal in Hempstead for around $1 each on my way home from school.

I left them all with a girl in my junior drum corps - the girl of my dreams back then- when I went overseas.

She stored them on a radiator in her house.

Yup - you guessed it.

The relationship ended up about the same way, too.

Sure wish I had those records back.

1975 Blue Devils and 1975 27th Lancers.

1975 Madison Scouts - but it was MacArthur Park that I kept lifting the needle on for them and replaying over and over and over... and over. I can still hear the "pop" every time I play it.

1976 Blue Devils