Most Exciting Senior Corps, Early DCA

Corps I wish I could have seen firsthand: 72 Rochester Crusaders, 71 Skyliners, Rochester Pheonix and 71 Yankee Rebels.

Hairbair... I'd be glad to provide you with an audio of 72 Cru and if I can make the puter work right... a dvd of 75 Phoenix... but only if the copying works... hopefully it will... email me if interested...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hairbair... I'd be glad to provide you with an audio of 72 Cru and if I can make the puter work right... a dvd of 75 Phoenix... but only if the copying works... hopefully it will... email me if interested...

OOoooohhh. :worthy:

(I emailed you too!)

I was old enough to be at the Dream in 1969 and witnessed the Hurricanes on fire and the crowd going crazy

needless to say a fun ride home with dad and a couple of his buddies...

"Most Exciting":

Almost TOO MANY to remember: Some that IMMEDIATLY come to mind:

1961 Hawthorne Caballeros: Exibition at Garfield Cadets show. Watched from the "50", almost on the field. Absoultly THE "Drum Corps Moment" of the decade. :worthy:

1963 New York Skyliners at Bridgeport's "Barnum". Broke Hawthorne's two year win streak.

1964: Connecticut Hurricanes at World Open Finals. Amazing.

1969: Yankee Rebels & Connecticut Hurricanes at the Dream Contest.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

"Most Exciting":

Almost TOO MANY to remember: Some that IMMEDIATLY come to mind:

1961 Hawthorne Caballeros: Exibition at Garfield Cadets show. Watched from the "50", almost on the field. Absoultly THE "Drum Corps Moment" of the decade. :worthy:

1963 New York Skyliners at Bridgeport's "Barnum". Broke Hawthorne's two year win streak.

1964: Connecticut Hurricanes at World Open Finals. Amazing.

199: Yankee Rebels & Connecticut Hurricanes at the Dream Contest.

Elphaba

Early DCA years- 1966 Skyliners- Pee Wee Todaro still my idol playing Flight of the Bumblebee solo. Pre-DCA, 1961 Prince playing Conquest off the line and 4 or 5 songs from West Side Story.

NY Skyliners at the 1971 National Dream Contest. :worthy:

Please close this thread now. :worthy:

Edited by Fran Haring

OK.... since the thread hasn't been closed....LOL:

The top five corps at the 1972 DCA Finals.

For my money, one of the best...if not the best.... Top Fives in the history of DCA.

Five electrifying performances that night.

Bought the Haas family DVDs of Sky and Crusaders at 72 DCA so I could see what was going on. :worthy:

First hand have to add 1977 and 1980 RI Matadors with nod to 1977 "Rodeo" opener.

1975 Phoenix looked real good from the backside stands too. :worthy:

Cozy made sure I heard the Audio of 72 Cru. :worthy: Didn't you guys play a show in Racine that year? If ya did, I'm sure they heard you in Michigan as you played backfield in Horlick towards the Lake! :worthy:

I'd LOVE to see Pheonix!

First hand have to add 1977 and 1980 RI Matadors with nod to 1977 "Rodeo" opener.

Almost forgot, and I'm not sure how I could:

Matadors, 1977, Madison Square Garden show.

There have been any number of great, exciting performances, by many corps, over many years.

However.... the Matadors' performance that night, from a sheer energy/electricity/tear the house apart standpoint, was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Edited by Fran Haring