"Real Drum Corps"... From Space!

How the hell do you people find this stuff?

It's the off-season. :smile:

This is pretty epic though I've got to admit...

Edited by Impuls!vebari

very cool. What's the date?

I see a whole new industry of live drill design by Google to put Pyware out of business...

I bet it was the day of the Oswego show, so July 1. the lineup was Cavaliers, Glassmen, Madison, Colts, Teal Sound and Pioneer for world class. Racine Scouts and Colt Cadets made up the open class portion of the show.

ive always wondered if google maps ever captured anything like this, now i know. its pretty cool

• Like 1

I bet it was the day of the Oswego show, so July 1. the lineup was Cavaliers, Glassmen, Madison, Colts, Teal Sound and Pioneer for world class. Racine Scouts and Colt Cadets made up the open class portion of the show.

ive always wondered if google maps ever captured anything like this, now i know. its pretty cool

easy to find more *if* you can nail down the date of a given photo. not quite sure how to do that.

(googling a bit)

easiest way to find out the date is in the companion product Google Earth. Zooming in to a single frame causes the date of the photo to appear in the status bar. so....i guess you could hit every site a corps is at during a season and see if the dates happen to line up.

How the hell do you people find this stuff?

Probably the same folk who found the very top secret Chinese sub on google earth....... DOH!

Also v cool image.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.697574,-8...001742&z=20

Here's another school nearby with a brass arc and some paint on one of the fields. There's also a pit southeast of there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.679343,-8...001742&z=20

Scroll to the right and see the other field lined across the road.

Squeeze it in there, boys!

Looks like the liner team had some fun with circles and curvilinear lines!

Funny

Edited by garfield