Dutch Boy.....

Yes, KW Northstar were a merger of Dutchboy and Flying Dutchmen in the 70's... they formed the Northstar Youth Organization which were Dutchboy Cadets and KW Northstar,, a Cadet Corps and (at that time) Open class corps. Just recently, they gone back to that model,, with (to my understanding),, Dutchboy being a cadet corps for the younger local youth, and Northstar geared to be the competitve DCI corps. Sort of, going back to the roots and being a 'youth' organization for local, off the street kids to learn to march, play, and be respectful citizens of the city(s) they live in.

I wish them the very best of luck, and hope that soon, I may be able to help them out...

Can this be confirmed from another source that this Northstar program being talked about is geared to be a competitive DCI corps? That would be great news for the area if they have the right resources. And is this in the near future (2 years)? or unforeseen future?

That was the original intent back in 1977 but I know first hand that the corps director couldn't handle the job and made a major mistake then half the corps quit. A valent attempt was made to keep the corps going but with a lack of members they merged with the Guelph Royalaires for the 1979 season, then both corps went their separate ways and DUTCH BOY regrouped to start fresh again and try to make a DCI corps. In 1982, the won the 'A' Class DCI World Championship and in 1990 they finished 12th at FINALS. Shortly after that n 1993, due to financial circumstances DUTCH BOY went inactive and the Cadets of Dutch Boy, their feeder corps, kept on operating and in 1997 became the mothership of the Northstar Youth Organization. I just hope they get their act together....soon.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen anyone reply to my original question, so I will take that as a NO, "DUTCH BOY ~ WILL NOT BE BACK THIS YEAR or any time soon."

This has left a huge hole for youth in Canadian drum corps scene. (as small as it is)

I haven't seen anyone reply to my original question, so I will take that as a NO, "DUTCH BOY ~ WILL NOT BE BACK THIS YEAR or any time soon."

This has left a huge hole for youth in Canadian drum corps scene. (as small as it is)

Dear Rob,

The cup is always half full. Keep your chin up :smile:

Sincerely, lindap

Guard tech 1975-1976 for Dutch Boy Cadets

XCORPS ! out of Hamilton new all age DCA corps for next season !!! Practises have already started !!

Any link to a website?

I just got an email saying that due to circumstances beyond their control....Xcorps HAS JUST FOLDED !!!

There will be NO MORE rehersals !!! #### !!!

Linda, if the cup is half full and is leaking..it'll soon be empty !!! (no KIDS)

I'm 2,000 miles away! I've sent monetary and moral support. Did you know the guard toured with Toronto Optimists Alumni in 2010. T.O's web site is cool. For what it's worth, Alberta All Girls were incorporated in 1970. We actively participated in the performing arts until 2004 of which 10 years was drum corps. Don't mess with me. I'm in a mood ;-)

it was good to see the Optimists Alumni take the Dutchboy guard under their wing. I haven't heard anything recently about Dutchboy, so I would assume, they will remain as a parade/guard corps this year as well.

• Like 1

LETS support the corps that are still running here in CANADA and build from there