Has anyone ever done Salvation is Created by Chesnokov?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Marching Southerners of JSU have played it for MANY years that is also I believe were Spirit got it from when they were a part of JSU

Spirit was playing it long before the association with JSU.

We sang it at Spirit.

Spirit was playing it long before the association with JSU.

True. The Southerners started playing it around 1976. Isn't that the year Spirit was founded?

The Marching Southerners of JSU have played it for MANY years that is also I believe were Spirit got it from when they were a part of JSU

You want to get goosebumps??? Sit in the stands at a performance of the JSU Southerners (about 350 strong), and let them hit you in the face with this!!!!!!

You want to get goosebumps??? Sit in the stands at a performance of the JSU Southerners (about 350 strong), and let them hit you in the face with this!!!!!!

True. The Southerners started playing it around 1976. Isn't that the year Spirit was founded?

Yes, it is. And, I wasn't saying, or implying, that JSU hadn't also been playing it for a long time. I just know Spirit had been playing it for a long time when I marched in '93, before the association with JSU began. In fact, that year, we added a line from 'Send in the Clowns' to the end as a tribute to Gail Royer.

Jim Ott arranged and used Salvation as an on field warm up for Spirit in 1978 and/or 79, (could have been as early as 1977,but I don't know for sure) but as I recall, he did get the inspiration from the JSU Southerners. Spirit was not officially associated with JSU at this time but had many members who were enrolled there.

Edited by Russellrks