See the future of DCI in 2022.....

So we get caught up on what we do not want to see or hear (like narration, electronics, string instruments), all because of change we aren't used to. But if we could just picture a good view of DCI's 50 years in existence, knowing what we WANT to see, why not go for it? It can't hurt, can it?

What I want to see is for DCI to become more popular to the general audience. Whether it's done by a motion picture movie (preferred) or something similar, I don't care.

I also want to see DCI put back on ESPN2 and PBS.

I remember at one time thinking that stadium "Jumbotrons" would become a normal thing. Pyrotechnics as well. Of course, both would be lousy ideas... not every stadium has a jumbotron as the summer goes along, and can you imagine the pyrotechnics issue? :lol: With fire marshals and fire extinguishers needed for everyones field shows? And God forbid a stray rocket fires up into the stands... :devil:

How about aircraft fly overs or parachute drop ins to some shows? Or "Pink Floyd" style walls or giant floating pigs hovering over the stadiums? Live performances by "guest stars" ... like Madonna since she marched in a corps before. :lol: (that was joke... Modonna didn't march in a corps - don't start another thread about her...)

OK, but seriously... just the changes in the last 10-15 years have been quite amazing. marching and drill design... playing styles... musical selections. Can the corps be any bigger than what is now allowed? Can we max out tuba lines with sayyyyyy... 30? Entire drumlines relegated to just the pit area instead of marching the field? Cymbal lines are gone for all intent & purpose, will they do that next to bass drum lines?

G bugles again...go for a unique sound. Ready for sale from Dynasty and Kanstul as we speak.

Maybe a mixed G/F/Bb line, with french horns in the mix. The rules are there. Why not? Pretty much every DCI corps has had the same brass instrumentation now for the last five years...gets kind of boring.

I just hope that its still alive, and without woodwinds (which might be a bit redundant, because drum corps, with woodwinds, is dead to me).

Getting back on TV would also be a good thing.

I don't see it being financially viable then unless they appeal to a much wider fan base, but the changes it would need to make would alienate about 90% of DCPers, so yeah.

Besides, the world will end in 2012, so no need to worry about this, right?

25-Cent Beer Day at Finals. :devil: