2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

It's amusing how many people are going off as if this is the first year Phantom has marched with an all female guard; must be all the kiddies out there in DCP land.

maybe the kiddies are the ones with the condescending attitudes who can't read. if you look most of the criticism or reluctance is because of how well they did several years after switching to coed and now want to go back.

It's amusing how many people are going off as if this is the first year Phantom has marched with an all female guard; must be all the kiddies out there in DCP land.

In 1963 were you amused at how many people were going off as if it was the first year that blacks weren't treated equally? Did you think only the silly kiddies had issues with the status quo?

that said, I do not think having an all female guard is discriminatory.

... I do not think having an all female guard is discriminatory.

Neither do I.

My point of sarcasm was aimed at all the folks who are going nuts over that fact that Phantom is choosing to march an all female guard. There are some here that seem to forget there was a time when a lot of the guards in the activity were all female.

Neither do I.

My point of sarcasm was aimed at all the folks who are going nuts over that fact that Phantom is choosing to march an all female guard. There are some here that seem to forget there was a time when a lot of the guards in the activity were all female.

[iRONIC SARCASM] And there were times when those silly women couldn't vote either. Heck, who let them out of the kitchen to do color guard anyway? [/iRONIC SARCASM]

[iRONIC SARCASM] And there were times when those silly women couldn't vote either. Heck, who let them out of the kitchen to do color guard anyway? [/iRONIC SARCASM]

I'd rather spin than cook. I'd rather quilt than cook is a book.

edit: sorry; it took a while find the scans; had to sift through 1,000 photos in the bucket. Apologies for going off topic :sleeping: Now, where were we?

scan0001-a.jpgscan0001-c.jpg

Edited by lindap

Geoffrey.

Edited by BRASSO

• 2 weeks later...
Bc you just cut the potential talent pool in half. now instead of taking the top 20 guy and top 20 girls, youre settling for 20 people who wouldnt have made the cut if it were a mixed guard. Yeah it's neat to see them have an all female guard and yeah it's tradition, but i'd rather see a competitive phantom regiment vs a non competitive. When's the last time they had a really good all female guard? Competitively this is a stupid move.

I couldn't be happier. It restores the balance.

1) We have male/female guards in the top 12.

2) We have ALL MALE guards in the top 12.

Now, FINALLY, we have an ALL FEMALE guard again in the top 12.

This would be amazing!!!!

:tongue::doh::tongue: :tongue:

Phantom Regiment 2011

Proudly presents:

LYSISTRATA

with music by: Giovanni Marradi

Just kidding :tongue:

maybe the kiddies are the ones with the condescending attitudes who can't read. if you look most of the criticism or reluctance is because of how well they did several years after switching to coed and now want to go back.

They did very well before going coed also. I dunno, this will bring something DIFFERENT to the table for a change. Quite honestly this has much to do about nothing. I would think that cymbal lines are more important than what the makeup of a guard is.