New York Skyliners FIELD CORPS

Best of Luck in 2011. I miss seeing the True Red and Black on the field. Go Sky!!! :tongue:

Thanks for your well wishes guys.

HEADS UP! This Sunday is the New York Marathon. For all those planning on driving to the rehearsal from points west of New York City, you should take 95 north to I695 south. Avoid driving through Manhattan, and Staten Island.

Here's a link to the Interactive Course Map.

I really do want to see and compete against Sky! We all know how much of a hole your absence created.

So how did the Open House go?

Will be a great day to see Sky back on the field! Best of luck :thumbup:

you know, Sky being a force in DCA is just about at the tip top of my drum corps wish list (right under Sun being up there and a few years of Hurcs dominance).

I used to break their stones when they were the competition, but I still never forget that night in Smithtown, NY in 1963 when they appeared in exhibition and blew the place away. Hooked me for life on the activity.

Plus how cool would it be for DCA to again approach a season REALLY not knowing whether on the night before Labor Day the flag would be carried by Reading, Sky, Hurcs, Sun, Cabs, Bush, Brigs, and on and on?

Love the Bucs and what they've done, but this will not go down as the golden age of DCA - simply the 3rd Buccaneer dynasty.

During the golden age you literally had no idea who was taking it home - a la 1972.

Bring it back, Sky - DCA is ready to mix it up once again.

And Sun, by the way...

So how did the Open House go?

Very well thank you. How can I tell? It seems as if the members didn't want to go home. They kept playing until they were chased out of the building. At which point the party continued outside. I don't think that neighborhood has encountered anything like the impromptu exhibition put on outside. I'm really looking forward to the next rehearsal on November 21.

I am ready to do my part to bring Garbarina back on the field! SOCK IT IN!

Ooo RAH!

Very well thank you. How can I tell? It seems as if the members didn't want to go home. They kept playing until they were chased out of the building. At which point the party continued outside. I don't think that neighborhood has encountered anything like the impromptu exhibition put on outside. I'm really looking forward to the next rehearsal on November 21.

AWESOME!!! That reminds me of how it used to be. Hopefully scheduling will allow me to swing by one of these days.