Kingston Grenadiers

Kingston Grenadiers Announce 2010 Design Team and Caption Heads

After a highly successful 2010 season, finishing 2nd in Class A at the DCA World Championships in what could only be described as “the most exciting show-down in Class A history”, the Kingston Grenadiers roll full steam ahead into the new competitive season building on their strengths and numbers for 2011.

Program Designers for 2011 are:

Scott Atkins: Percussion Arranger & Music Coordinator

Dave Simpson: Pit Arranger

Paul McGarr: Brass Arranger

Duane DeWire: Visual Designer

Michael Watier: Colour Guard Designer

Caption Heads & Teaching Staff for the 2011 Season include:

Brass Team:

Cameron Anderson: Brass Caption Head

Lansing Dimon: Brass Instructor

Sheldon Walters: Brass Instructor

Paul McGarr: Ensemble Music

(Additonal Brass Staff TBA!)

Percussion Team:

Phil Parent: Co-Caption Head

David Wicken: Co-Caption Head

Scott Atkins: Percussion Coordinator & Ensemble Music

Dave Simpson: Front Ensemble Consultant

(Additional Percussion Staff TBA!)

Visual Team:

Steve Stoddard: Visual Caption head

Scott Bedard: Visual Instructor

Michael Watier: Colour Guard Instructor

(Additional Visual Staff TBA!)

The Grenadiers kick off the 2011 season with an open house camp on November 20th & 21st, at Ernestown Secondary School in Odessa, Ontario. For more information about the Grenadiers and for updates regarding the 2011 season, visit: www.kingstongrenadiers.com

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements regarding the Grenadiers’ 2011 Musical Production!

Kingston Grenadiers Announce 2010 Design Team and Caption Heads

After a highly successful 2010 season, finishing 2nd in Class A at the DCA World Championships in what could only be described as “the most exciting show-down in Class A history”, the Kingston Grenadiers roll full steam ahead into the new competitive season building on their strengths and numbers for 2011.

Program Designers for 2011 are:

Scott Atkins: Percussion Arranger & Music Coordinator

Dave Simpson: Pit Arranger

Paul McGarr: Brass Arranger

Duane DeWire: Visual Designer

Michael Watier: Colour Guard Designer

Caption Heads & Teaching Staff for the 2011 Season include:

Brass Team:

Cameron Anderson: Brass Caption Head

Lansing Dimon: Brass Instructor

Sheldon Walters: Brass Instructor

Paul McGarr: Ensemble Music

(Additonal Brass Staff TBA!)

Percussion Team:

Phil Parent: Co-Caption Head

David Wicken: Co-Caption Head

Scott Atkins: Percussion Coordinator & Ensemble Music

Dave Simpson: Front Ensemble Consultant

(Additional Percussion Staff TBA!)

Visual Team:

Steve Stoddard: Visual Caption head

Scott Bedard: Visual Instructor

Michael Watier: Colour Guard Instructor

(Additional Visual Staff TBA!)

The Grenadiers kick off the 2011 season with an open house camp on November 20th & 21st, at Ernestown Secondary School in Odessa, Ontario. For more information about the Grenadiers and for updates regarding the 2011 season, visit: www.kingstongrenadiers.com

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements regarding the Grenadiers’ 2011 Musical Production!

apparently no-one gives a #### about Canada..until it's time to get another corps to the show, because you need to get some fans to the stands!! I truly hope that Kingston again fields a competitive , crowd pleasing corps...you Canucks always are a welcome addition to an otherwise mediocre competition .show where they have one big name and then again whatever.....DCA needs to recognize the real supporters North of the Border.....I speak for myself only!!!!!! Not a grenadier..

apparently no-one gives a #### about Canada..until it's time to get another corps to the show, because you need to get some fans to the stands!! I truly hope that Kingston again fields a competitive , crowd pleasing corps...you Canucks always are a welcome addition to an otherwise mediocre competition .show where they have one big name and then again whatever.....DCA needs to recognize the real supporters North of the Border.....I speak for myself only!!!!!! Not a grenadier..

???????????????????????????????????????

it's a quiet time of the year and this weekend especially as drum corps people across the nation are up to the ears in band championships (oops... should I not have mentioned that?)

Grennies have a great staff with tons of experience and a whole bunch of DCA championship rings... the staff really knows what it's all about and the corps was most enjoyable in 2010 and everyone looks forward to continued improvement and growth in 2011...

Not sure what the negative post was about. But the Grennis are a very respected part of DCA from my aspect and I believe this is true around the country.

Have a great year! Good luck to my many friends from Canada!

Not sure what the negative post was about. But the Grennis are a very respected part of DCA from my aspect and I believe this is true around the country.

Have a great year! Good luck to my many friends from Canada!

Sounds to me like the poster think the Grennies are treated as a "filler" corps and would like them to get invited to some major shows during the season ...

:-)

HMmmm...perhaps you should read a little recent history. The present DCA Champions were at the very bottom of DCA in the 80's and into the 90's. the former DCA World Champs, Brigadiers, weren't even born again until the 90's and enjoyed actually barely making the finals. Corps have ups and downs, but it's important to continue to strive for excellence and set goals.

Kingston is very much appreciated and respected in the DCA community. I think you need to think positive and look upon your progress in steps as an opportunity or a challenge.

We look forward to seeing the Grenadiers every year.

Sounds to me like the poster think the Grennies are treated as a "filler" corps and would like them to get invited to some major shows during the season ...

:-)

just so nothing goes astray or gets misconstued...

In today's DCA, the business manager of DCA works closely with each corps and the corps pretty much get to name their own schedule... Grenadiers were for the most part in every show they asked for... Where and how often the corps appears pretty much depends on the budget the corps wishes to maintain. Exceptions are rare.

:thumbup:

just so nothing goes astray or gets misconstued...

In today's DCA, the business manager of DCA works closely with each corps and the corps pretty much get to name their own schedule... Grenadiers were for the most part in every show they asked for... Where and how often the corps appears pretty much depends on the budget the corps wishes to maintain. Exceptions are rare.

Indeed , I posted a rant that perhaps I should not have. But Dick it was not negative it was to me a perception that here on this forum everyone would comment about other corps..indeed from the U.S.A..yet when a Canadian corps...posts their intentions...or their staff announcements or whatever.. seems no one is interested in them..and Tom maybe you are right but I know for sure that in past years there were certain DCA people who did decide who and where you competed or at least strongly suggested that this would be the case ...so I agree to disagree..if you have a problem with that then I apologise..but the truth is the truth.....politics is the way of life ..I am sure...having said that..I am confident that the coming season will for DCA be phenomenal....And Class "A" will be tremendous as well as open..I wish no-one bad feelings or frustration it is a wonderful hobby..and I only wish that the drum corps people in canada could field a competitive , strong DCA calibre corps...but hey if Cabs need to recruit in Montreal ..so be it....it's all good as long as the people do what they need to do...life is too short to worry about what could have should have might have been....sorry for my emotions but I love canada!! :thumbup: