2010 DVDs Edits, Etc.

All of you who think that editing out someone breaking their leg is wrong are sick. Who would pay money to see that? Who would ever want to see something like that?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was inspiring to see him try to get back in it. That was my point of view, but I understand why they took it out

Also, they didn't "crop" him out and then animate someone else in his place, they just spliced in the semi-s footage. They don't have that kind of capability.

I thought it was inspiring to see him try to get back in it. That was my point of view, but I understand why they took it out

Also, they didn't "crop" him out and then animate someone else in his place, they just spliced in the semi-s footage. They don't have that kind of capability.

LMAO...CGI drum corps performers! Hopefully no one actually thought this was how they did it!

Though you've given me an idea-- maybe a corps could put the little ping-pong balls and blue suits on the members that they use in motion capture, and the production DVD's could make them look like animated characters, a la Gollum or the Na'vi. :thumbup:

LMAO...CGI drum corps performers! Hopefully no one actually thought this was how they did it!

Though you've given me an idea-- maybe a corps could put the little ping-pong balls and blue suits on the members that they use in motion capture, and the production DVD's could make them look like animated characters, a la Gollum or the Na'vi. :thumbup:

Yes precious they should.

Anyone want to provide edits NOT related to Crown?

:P

Signed,

Can't We All Just Get Along?

The question is, do we want an historical documentary, or a fun DVD to watch? I personally would not want to watch that Crown injury repeatedly. There's a long irregular history of this kind of thing being edited out. By irregular, I mean, goofs are not always removed, but it's not new with 2010. I'm all for preserving an entertaining video. Could it be taken too far, say with studio redubs? Sure. But we're not there yet. I'll let you know. :thumbup:

I personally don't need to see the member from Crown crumple on the field w/a broken leg. I don't mind that DCI edited that portion of the DVD's to not make it a focus point. Really, in this day and age of multiple cameras recording a show from, what, half a dozen angles, I would expect DCI to edit the DVD's in a way that shows the best possible presentation. I'm kind of relieved to hear that the disc is edited this way (especially after seeing it on the FN video with the fall being obvious due to the angle), and I don't mind it at all.