Blue Stars Switch to Jupiter

Come to the Indiana State Fairgrounds this weekend and find out :cool: .

If I didn't live halfway across the country I'd be there in a heartbeat. :winky:

I have played on the model the corps will be using- at least for the trumpets (apparently they are using the professional model horn) and I was a fan. I like it better than a Yamaha Xeno, for my .02.

Yeah I know, you said the exact same thing a few pages ago.

Do I need any support? You guys are so fast to put down my opinion of Jupiter horns but the only support you give is that the Gen 3 horns are better than the Gen 2's. How is that any better then my opinion of them being awful to play on? Have you even played any of the Jupiter horns? I played on the first batch when they were first put on the field and I've also played the Gen 2 and 3's. Opinions are just opinions, they can't be right or wrong because they're not facts...I'm sure even our brassEXPERT will agree to that.

1. No one has taken full delivery on Gen 3 yet. Blue Stars have most of the hons, but not the mellos yet, well, maybe by now.

2. You are brassEXPERT. I get the idea of several personas to screw with folks. Yeah, I get trolling. I've been around since the RAMD days.

I have reported both this ID and brassEXPERT to the moderators. Unlike RAMD, this place is moderated. You can expect probing. Enjoy.

Yeah I know, you said the exact same thing a few pages ago.

Look, regardless of where this discussion has gone, I've been having some fun with your posts. I don't know if you're one, two, or sixteen people, but it seems as though you came here with a vendetta, which typically makes people throw their guards up. If you think the Blue Stars will sound like garbage on the new horns, fine, if that really is your opinion then you're welcome to it. I disagree.

• Like 1

Do I need any support? You guys are so fast to put down my opinion of Jupiter horns but the only support you give is that the Gen 3 horns are better than the Gen 2's. How is that any better then my opinion of them being awful to play on? Have you even played any of the Jupiter horns? I played on the first batch when they were first put on the field and I've also played the Gen 2 and 3's. Opinions are just opinions, they can't be right or wrong because they're not facts...I'm sure even our brassEXPERT will agree to that.

You are correct, opinions are just opinions. However it was the all-condeming approach that you took to presenting your opinion.

Assuming that the Gen 2 horns were better than the Gen 1 horns, and the Gen 3 horns were better than the Gen 2 horns, you could easily make the argument:

"Jupiter horns are making progress but they still have a lot of refining to do before they approach or meet the level of excellence that other horns, such as Yamaha and King, provide. I have played on Gen 1-3 and although they are getting better, I'm still not satisfied with the sound that I get, when compared to my personal Kanstal horn."

That would have been received much better and considered in a higher regard.

• Like 1