Blue Stars Switch to Jupiter

Marched King for 2 summers.

Bought King Marching trumpet for personal marching band use.

Still have my "Kings of the Field" shirt......

Was disappointed I couldn't take the Jupiter trumpet home with me after camp.

Tell you enough?

Well to be fair, if we're talking about trumpets, King's aren't much better than Jupiter's anyway...

Edited by ChwyNiblet

The quantum brass are dark sounding. Very hard to over blow possibly due to how heavy they are. The Quantum contra is darker than the king one I played on last summer.

Last year JD shaw at phantom made some changes to the Mello design to address the back pressure issue.

Intonation and slotting on the quantum low brass is spot on. King euphs and contras have big problems playing concert f. (Go figure). Also the tuning trigger on the quantum tubas is not in the way and doesn't seem to get damaged like the king ones do. Big plus since I had to play all summer without a tuning kick out slide on my king.

The contra is so well braced that you dont realize how loud you really are playing when you are holding it. You could be givin er stagger breathing tons and still the sound that you hear is very muffled compared with other contras i have played.

You might think the contra is braced well until the detachable bell falls off during a show...no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

OK, we get it. Apparently you had a bad experience with Jupiter. However, it sounds like Blue Stars, The Academy, Teal, Surf and Phantom are very happy with them. Unless you're on staff with with one of these corps, and have something constructive to add, that's good enough for me.

Well to be fair, if we're talking about trumpets, King's aren't much better than Jupiter's anyway...

woah... really? maybe if you are talking about the quantum marching brass, but I thougth I saw on a forum somewhere that the Blue Stars are using one of the professional model horns. Which I have played, and was very impressed with.

You might think the contra is braced well until the detachable bell falls off during a show...no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

Well, if you are really as concerned as you seem to be in the status of the Blue Stars' hornline, I suggest you attend their December camp in Indianapolis on December 17-19. From what I have heard, their end-of-camp "show and tell" performances are open to the public and usually happen around 2:00 PM on Sundays. I also saw some pictures that indicate you might want to get there early, as the place was packed at their last camp :satisfied: .

OK, we get it. Apparently you had a bad experience with Jupiter. However, it sounds like Blue Stars, The Academy, Teal, Surf and Phantom are very happy with them. Unless you're on staff with with one of these corps, and have something constructive to add, that's good enough for me.

Why do people even bother posting things like this?

Someone reported having a bad experience with this brand, and then others summarily dismiss it by saying that three other people didn't.

So, yea, what's the point of anyone giving their opinion about ANYTHING? :satisfied:

You can always find people with a bad experience and a good experience about pretty much any topic. Why do we even bother to try and communicate if others are going to always be so contrarian? :tongue:

Okay, just felt like pointing that out. Carry on....

He's saying he likes the jupiters far better

I played on a Jupiter instrument for 2 seasons, I have my opinions about them. I'm just saying look what happened to Phantom after they switched...just food for thought.

I played on a Jupiter instrument for 2 seasons, I have my opinions about them. I'm just saying look what happened to Phantom after they switched...just food for thought.

LOL, you're blaming that on the horns? Interesting logic. I think there may have been a few other factors. :satisfied: