DCI+Indianapolis

DCI is in Indy because Indy has dedicated a great deal of effort to making the city a travel destination. We have a huge wasteland of an abandoned airport for the same reason; Indianapolis is striving to make itself a destination. DCI helps bring thousands of people into the city to spend $$$. At a time when money isn't coming in from football.

It's all about money. Find a venue that will offer DCI more incentive and they'd move. Does anyone really think this is about anything other than a mutually beneficial financial/logistical elements?

Hi there,

I am not sure about how much Indy spends on tourism outreach. In Ca, you never hear about them, except for the football team and the race. In fact, Indy is hard to get to, (read that very few direct flights), and I am not certain that they have any real tourist sites or even business sites that are year round.

Likely, it is about the money, and hopefully, personal finances do not enter into the picture. Certainly, it is NOT about growing fan participation. If it were, they should take a look at pro football, or any other fan based business. I don't see any real social outreach, no social marketing... Just pathetic. My comment is to focus on the customer/consumer, and the rest eventually will fall into place.

• 2 years later...

As much as I prefer outdoor Drum Corps, the weather argument has to outweigh the sound problems. I don't see the sound being any better today than it was in 2010 which was the 1st year I saw at LOS. Hopefully more can be done to improve the delivered end product at Semis and Finals since whether I like it or not I will be travelling to Indy for finals until we get another venue. My daughter who will be a Band Director in a couple of years loves the activity and it is our annual trip.

Would love to see it return to UWW once more although I know there is nowhere near enough infrustructure to support the fans arriving for the shows...

Contra by genetics, Yamaha by choice.