2013?

Question: Will DCI move the World Championships for the single year that is not currently contracted?

Answer: (from Dan Acheson, DCI Executive Director and CEO)

When we signed our original contract, there was one year in which the stadium was not available. That is no longer the case, and Lucas Oil Stadium is now available for the entirety of our agreement. Our focus thus far has been on maximizing the experience in Indianapolis and to date we have not expended any resources investigating alternatives should we choose to exercise the option of having the World Championship event leave town for a year.

I thought the problem for the year in question was a lack of hotel rooms in the Indianapolis area due to a large conference taking place in the city, not the stadium itself being unavailable...?

Perhaps that theory was no more than a rumour.

I thought the problem for the year in question was a lack of hotel rooms in the Indianapolis area due to a large conference taking place in the city, not the stadium itself being unavailable...?

Thought someone noted either a big Sci-Fi or religious group conference that week that was tying up rooms. Can't remember if the Stadium itself was even mentioned.

Most likely, they have figured people will have had enough of Indy by then that those that do come can all stay at the Motel 6!

• Like 1

Most likely, they have figured people will have had enough of Indy by then that those that do come can all stay at the Motel 6!

Its only year 2, year 3 in indiana, and im already getting to that point.

• Like 1

Its only year 2, year 3 in indiana, and im already getting to that point.

Point made. Point confirmed. Thanks for playing.

It is my intent to not go to DCI while it is in Indy, and thus far, I have kept to that. Since we've got some corps coming west this year, there's almost no need for me to leave the state.

• 2 weeks later...
Have there been problems with finals in Indy? I guess I haven't noticed them.

Is the travel the issue for you CA guys? That would be a challenge for sure.

If you put aside the sound issues a lot of folk have with LOS, one of the biggest problems folk have is having finals in the same place for such a long time. Historically DCI fans have made finals part of their summer vacations and with the greatest respect to Indy, it's not the kind of place folk want to go year after year on vacation.

I should add, as much as I'd love finals to move round the country it's not something that will deter me from attending in the future.. however, I suspect I'm in the minority.

If you put aside the sound issues a lot of folk have with LOS, one of the biggest problems folk have is having finals in the same place for such a long time. Historically DCI fans have made finals part of their summer vacations and with the greatest respect to Indy, it's not the kind of place folk want to go year after year on vacation.

I should add, as much as I'd love finals to move round the country it's not something that will deter me from attending in the future.. however, I suspect I'm in the minority.

I live in the Prairies and fly to Ontario to visit family. A side trip to Indy is short from there. What if I decided to take a side trip; a last minute decision? Where would I stay? Are the hotels full? Can I buy a ticket at the wicket with cash if I happen to be there? Questions that are rarely answered in these forums. Indy is a nice city, might go again as long as my whim is doable. I suspect I'm in the minority too.

edit if I can't find a place to stay, I'll bring my sleeping bag and sleep on the floor with a corps :tongue:

Edited by lindap

Indy the city was ok. really, the schedule didnt allow for a ton of time to site see. but year after year, it'd get old. i mean i liked that Buffalo was a 3 hour drive, but the 3rd time i was kinda bored with it, and it was atagged 3 times within 11 years.

and then there's the sound. no thanks.

• Like 1