Rivalries in DCI.

As for rivalry.. It is not quite the same these days (thankfully) Nothing like years ago when Blessed Sac, Crusaders, and Royalaires duking it out with everybody in Jersey City and Cicero

I look through the posts here and see that all is the same in all areas of the world. I love how the BD and PR rivalry started in 2008! LOLOLOLOL

In 1981 the PR beat US the BD ONE time. It was at the Rockford show. Look at the recaps. There was no time that season where they were even close except for then. We disliked them from before I got there in 1981 with "Scrubbing Bubbles" being our name of choice for them.

In 1981 the SCV beat us for the championship. Not many know this but the Blue Devils FULL FIELD CORPS was put together by a few disgruntled members/staff from SCV... It was their goal to beat SCV and beat them badly. So the rivalry there started before the corps ever competed! Bringing us back to 1982 there were 4 isolated horn and drum attacks that ended the tune T.O. At ALL BD rehearsals while singing and marching those isolated hits became F%$^ The Vanguard... So please do know that Drum Corps rivalry is alive and well and many of your rivalries that you think you have... Were ours before we pased them down to you! :thumbup:

Edited to add this last part: I recently spoke with a young gentleman about marching in the Renegades... He is giving it consideration but has a hard time marching with BD ageouts as he was in SCV... In his words, "I know there are some really great people that come out of the Concord Corps but I have been trained to hate them..." This was in the past few months...

I remember being at that show in Rockford. Didn't Madison beat Blue Devils too? And 27th Lancers was right behind you. That was a great show to be at.

I think the kids today are a little too busy texting mommy after shows to think about rivalries.

Or...to busy focusing on our own tasks at hand on how to make our own show better and not scuffs of the long past. You don't beat a "rival" or competitior with words, you do so on the field with the crowd deciding who takes the day.

Or...to busy focusing on our own tasks at hand on how to make our own show better and not scuffs of the long past. You don't beat a "rival" or competitior with words, you do so on the field with the crowd deciding who takes the day.

Beat me to it.

I think there are far more rivalries between the fans of specific corps than the corps members.

Golly I heard and saw some intimidation this past season!!!!!

Sometimes its best NOT to wear your favorite corps t or jacket to a show......

When I wore my green jacket at shows I only recieved gratitude and thanks for a great show from fans and opposite corps alike. At least from my own experiences, I never saw public displays of disrespect at shows. Pretty Positive Overall.

I think the kids today are a little too busy texting mommy after shows to think about rivalries.

I think the 'kids' today are a little too busy busting their butts to put a lot higher quality shows on the field.

I have much more to say about this comment, but i'm far too busy texting my mommy right now.

anyway..

I actually have heard from some Cavaliers that they can't stand Crown. Of course this could be a few individual opinions.

I dont believe you. Whats the reason people keep bringing this up? Especially after its been said in this thread that the Colts sent the Troopers a congratulations card.

I still think that many rivalries of today spawn from the staff having old grudges they had against corps they marched against rubbing off on the members.

Hahaha. If people keep bringing it up, then it must be there.

I think the 'kids' today are a little too busy busting their butts to put a lot higher quality shows on the field.

I have much more to say about this comment, but i'm far too busy texting my mommy right now.

anyway..

I actually have heard from some Cavaliers that they can't stand Crown. Of course this could be a few individual opinions.

Hahaha. If people keep bringing it up, then it must be there.

Now thats what im talking about, and how about giving up your thoughts about that comment when you find the time. Love reading from the kids from today, the new blood.

I look through the posts here and see that all is the same in all areas of the world. I love how the BD and PR rivalry started in 2008! LOLOLOLOL

In 1981 the PR beat US the BD ONE time. It was at the Rockford show. Look at the recaps. There was no time that season where they were even close except for then. We disliked them from before I got there in 1981 with "Scrubbing Bubbles" being our name of choice for them.

In 1981 the SCV beat us for the championship. Not many know this but the Blue Devils FULL FIELD CORPS was put together by a few disgruntled members/staff from SCV... It was their goal to beat SCV and beat them badly. So the rivalry there started before the corps ever competed! Bringing us back to 1982 there were 4 isolated horn and drum attacks that ended the tune T.O. At ALL BD rehearsals while singing and marching those isolated hits became F%$^ The Vanguard... So please do know that Drum Corps rivalry is alive and well and many of your rivalries that you think you have... Were ours before we pased them down to you! :tongue:

Edited to add this last part: I recently spoke with a young gentleman about marching in the Renegades... He is giving it consideration but has a hard time marching with BD ageouts as he was in SCV... In his words, "I know there are some really great people that come out of the Concord Corps but I have been trained to hate them..." This was in the past few months...

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! :tongue:

I remember getting on a Blue Devil bus to go up to the Portland show in the Winter of 75/76 to find that they had found a company named, "Vanguard", that made toilet seat covers and displayed in the front of the bus so every time you exited you saw "Vanguard Toilet Seat Covers"! I laughed my ### off.

My personal rivalry ended when I said "I Do" and married a Blue Devil, but Park & Bark and "Really, you call going up and down yard lines a drill concept?" are words that still exit my mouth.

I love you guys!!!

By the way, "Cities of Glass" was an amazing show!!! D@#$ it!!!!